Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Hey ;)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:17 pm 
Egg
Egg

Gave happy chirps: 0 time
Got happy chirps: 0 time
Hey other bird lovers :P eheh
I'm Maria from Portugal. I've a dozen birdies and if they breed hopefuly more eheh birdieeeees!
I've been a bird lover for over a year now. Had my joys, my sorrows and my stresses with my babies already. Hopefuly I can learn something from you, or maybe you from me. Also i wish you all enjoy as much of those little fluff balls with wings as much as I do.

I'm an owner of 6 budgies, 4 finches, 1 cockatiel and 1 ringneck.

Cheers ;)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hey ;)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Welcome to the group! Your flock sounds lovely, and we'd love to see some pictures of them.

Sorry that you have to wait to have your first few posts approved before you can see them on the board. We've had major problems with spammers in the past so we have to be careful with new members at first.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:56 am 
Egg
Egg

Blurry pics and old pics lol but oh well its the best i've atm in the pc

This is Hope and her baby Buiscuit, who's an adult now and has his own female, cause he was always fighting his dad Indy
I called her hope cause she was a very bad treated bird in the store she didnt nearly have any feathers and she came to give hope for a new love to Indy aswell

Indy

Indy's first love Cuddy, who managed to escape =(

my first budgie baby :( who died with a cold, i still miss him...

This is Lima, was Silver's gay lover eheh. he's the most friendly bird i've got, i think he actually cares about his companions which is why everytime any of them are sick or need special attention i sometimes put him with them :) he's very supportive

this is my dwarf budgie, Calipso, who is being fought over by Lima, Rosato and my ringneck Darwin lol very scary

My Darwin :P the crazy IRN who thinks he's a budgie! You can see a bit of my cockatiel Pavarotti

Rosato, my budgie who lost his foot :( he had a horrible wound and whislt i waited for the vet to open up, he managed to get gangrene... he's ok now. it was a very horrible experience to go thru.

so from the left. It's Romeo, Rosato (still with both feet), Calipso, Julieta (who also ran off, thanks to mister Darwin who decided to play with the nest and made a gap between it and the cage; no nests in the cage atm), Limão (Romeo's new wife eheh), the adult Lima, my Cockatiel Pavarotti (who was also a very bad treatened bird :( and i took him home cause the other tiels kept pecking him; after a year with him he has became quite friendly and he whisles along with me) and behind him its Darwin hidding (the devil!!! whom i call the fat blue birdie)

Also have 2 new females which i stil havent taken a pic of. Which is a white finch like Cuddy, but without the eye strips and another blue budgie who i'm thinking of calling Nuvem, meaning cloud, cause she's has a very light blue on her chest and she's very timid!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Your birds are gorgeous! I like seeing the IRN especially, I don't think we've previously had a member here who had one. How did Rosato lose his foot?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:02 pm 
Egg
Egg

I've no clue where he got the wound from, I was passing thru the cage and I was saying Hi to my birdies and then I saw blood all around and then I saw him covered in blood. I stopped the bleeding then over the weekend tried to excercise his foot, but his limb was already dead, gangrene. So i had to take him to the vet to amputee. Or he'd died a very horrible, slow and painful death, literaly rooting. It was a very horrible week. He also lost loads of weight due to this, so I'm nursing him still, very scared he'll die from his diet :( tried to change his seeds to the budgie ration but i'm very scared he starves to death since he's still very weak. It's complicated.

Yeah IRN are beautiful and funny to watch, specially when courting a dwarf budgie lmao.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You always have to be careful with changing a bird's diet, especially in a case like this where he's recovering from an injury. The #1 thing he needs right now is to have enough calories every day, so don't try to take away his old food even if it isn't the best diet in the world. You can offer new foods too and hope that he eats them. Our website has information on diet conversions at http://www.littlefeatheredbuddies.com/i ... rsion.html

Can you get Nutriberries in Portugal? They're nutritionally complete, which means that they're equivalent to pellets. But they look like seed balls, so it's much easier to convince birds to eat them. Here's a link on the company's website showing several different types including the budgie size: http://lafebercares.com/pinnacle/catalo ... -24-1.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:19 pm 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Got happy chirps: 4 times
hi and welcome to the forum, your flock looks lovely :welcome:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:40 pm 
Egg
Egg

Yeah, well atm all i'm giving him is seeds. I've been trying to find a petshop with those types of food, but all I've found is a store with a stupid man that sold me once a box that was out of date... so its a no-no for him. He's a stupid theif 2 over charging for things. But all i'm trying to do now is fatten him, he's still 2 skinny :( and he could use the pellet's fat.

I've traveled to another pet store far away, but they also didnt have. Think I need to order it online tbh. Just need to find one that ships to portugal.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you have any kind of breeding food for your finches? Breeding food has extra nutrients and calories, and if Rosato will eat this food it will help fatten him up.

Cooked egg also has lots of nutrients and calories so that would be good for him if he'll eat it. My cockatiels LOVE scrambled egg and would eat it every day if I let them. But it isn't good for birds to eat too much egg (too much protein is hard on the kidneys) so they only get a small amount every week.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:24 pm 
Egg
Egg

Yeah I tried to feed him breeding food, but he just pushed it away to get the seeds... meh!

Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next