PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:16 pm 
Egg
Egg

Gave happy chirps: 0 time
Got happy chirps: 0 time
hi everyone!
i'm from australia and i just joined here :D

i have two cockatiels.

Ollie is about two years old. she's a cinnamon pearl split pied.

and Bjorn is about 4 months old. i've only had for about a month though. he is a pastelface\whiteface pied split pearl.

looking forward to getting to know the people on here :)

Post subject: Re: hi from australia!
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Welcome to the group! I've fixed it so your posts will appear on the board immediately now. The first post has to wait for approval because it's the only way to keep out spammers.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:15 pm 
Egg
Egg

awesome thankyou! did you set up this forum? it's really nice layout and everything :)
how many active members are there on here? it'd be cool if we could recruit some from TC hehe! :highfive:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I inherited the forum and website from a series of other owners. I didn't create the current forum design but I did redesign the website to match the forum - the old design was completely different. I also wrote several of the articles on the website. Many of my articles are also in the TC sticky library, but the TC version doesn't get updated when I learn something new so the LFB version has the most current info.

Right now there are two active members, and if you want to join the conversation there will be three. Several TC members are already members here, but there's not enough activity to keep them coming around. Once upon a time this was a really fun forum, but there were several server changes where all the old forum posts got lost and they had to restart from scratch. Every time that happened we lost a lot of members, and it's been pretty dead here for several years. It's actually a lot more active now than it has been for a long time.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:35 pm 
Egg
Egg

cool :)
good on you for persevering.
i hope to pop on a few times a week so hopefully i can meet the other active member :)
it'd be fun if we had enough people to bring back the photo competion... :blobg:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

One advantage of not having enough people for a real competition is that just about anybody can be chosen as bird of the month simply by posting a halfway decent photo on the board. If it's in focus and not disgusting-looking, that's pretty much all you need. Ditto for the art contest. Extra-cute photos are preferred of course, so if you have one that you'd like to see on the main website, feel free to post it in the photo contest section!

The other active member is petlover716 who has two budgies. She has several threads on the forum; the most active one is in the Health and Safety section, and it has changed directions several times to cover a lot of conversational ground.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]