Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: I think Rocko may be sick
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:30 pm 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
I left it for around 3 days before posting this but since after Christmas Rocko has been sitting in his cage all day he goes to eat and drink but does not come out.Loki is always on my bed or playing with the new toys in the cage and Mango mainly sits in his cage and eats or relaxes or he goes to Rocko.Sometimes he will come out of the cage for a quick fly around or just to sit on top of the cage other than that he is in his cage.He acts perfectly normal only he isn't coming out.

Post subject: Re: I think Rocko may be sick
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Has anything changed in the room that might make him nervous? Is it possible that he's hormonal and is guarding his "nest"? Are you checking his weight to make sure it's staying steady?

You can try using food treats or something else that he likes to lure him out of the cage.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:19 pm 
Banned
Banned

tielfan wrote:
Has anything changed in the room that might make him nervous? Is it possible that he's hormonal and is guarding his "nest"? Are you checking his weight to make sure it's staying steady?

You can try using food treats or something else that he likes to lure him out of the cage.

He is out of the cage now sitting on the door of the cage.Theres no need to lure him out I can just take him out myself but he most likely goes back in.I haven't weighed him at all this week or any of the birds but i will his regular weight is 101g.Nothing has changed in the room only new toys in the cage but he should be used to them now and Loki is always playing with them.There is a swinging ladder at the door of the cage and he does climb that sometimes.I don't think he is hormonal he acts normal and always lets me touch him.He is also moulting there is not much pin feathers mostly just on the cheeks and crest and he has lovely new white flight feathers and some solid grey feathers.He is also getting a solid white tail.And Loki is never really with him she is always on my bed or on top of Mango's cage and Mango is mostly near Rocko or in his cage.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Molting takes a lot of energy so that might be the reason that he's quieter. Check his weight to make sure he's OK, but keep in mind that molting will affect the weight. Pinfeathers are heavier than normal feathers so he might actually weigh more than usual.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:30 pm 
Banned
Banned

tielfan wrote:
Molting takes a lot of energy so that might be the reason that he's quieter. Check his weight to make sure he's OK, but keep in mind that molting will affect the weight. Pinfeathers are heavier than normal feathers so he might actually weigh more than usual.

Ill make sure to weigh him and he was flying around with Loki earlier.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]