Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sun conure seeds in bulk
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:15 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
My sun conure is currently eating cockatiel seeds but when they finish I will buy conure seeds and pellets. Any recommendations on conure seeds and pellets that come in bulk and that is healthy? I would prefer to buy it online.

Post subject: Re: Sun conure seeds in bulk
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Some manufacturers don't have a separate line of foods for conures but there are some who do so you'll have to look around if that's what you want. When I google for conure food there are a variety of things that pop up, including conure-sized nutriberries and conure-sized pellets. Conures come in a wide range of sizes, for example there's a big difference in size between a green cheek and a Patagonian. So look at pictures of the food to see if it looks appropriate for a sun.

You'd probably do fine if you kept on using cockatiel food, which is really aimed at all parrots who are about the same size as a tiel. Some of these cockatiel foods contain items that are too hard for a cockatiel to eat, but a similar-sized bird with a bigger beak (like a conure) can eat them just fine. Nobody has figured out the nutritional differences between the hundreds of different parrot species, so cockatiel food hasn't been specially formulated to meet the needs of tiels and conure food hasn't been specially formulated to meet the needs of conures. It's really just based on the needs of birds in general, taking the bird's physical ability to eat different sizes of food into account.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:59 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Thank you. There are actually a lot of things in the seed mix that my cockatiels never touched but i gave them to my conure and thats his favorite out of the whole seed mix. I do feel like i need to get a seed mix with more bigger things than millet. He needs more dried fruits and nuts because i see he eats a lot of that.

I still have a lot of cockatiel seeds left so I'm not going to buy more until i finish them. I do however need to buy pellets. I ran out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:06 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
Country Wide Parrot mix with fruit...
I don't know if you can purchase this where you are, but my birds luv it, its larger seed, and fruit, a good mix of both, all my cages have this in along with other seeds...
I'm sure you can purchase online...
Give it a try, I'm sure Tango will luv it also

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:41 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 19 times
Got happy chirps: 49 times
:shrug:

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]