Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: He likes pellets!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:26 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
I bought Danny a rather expensive new pellet yesterday and he loves it! They're just your standard ZuPreem plain pellets for big parrots. I gave him some with apples, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries on top and he went right for the pellets instead (and apples are his favorite too). I'm happy that he likes them.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: He likes pellets!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:16 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Oh good! My birds love pellets too. Luckily, they aren’t too picky with brands. Seems like Danny has an eye for the expensive stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:27 pm 
Chick
Chick

Gave happy chirps: 9 times
Got happy chirps: 0 time
My birds also love pellets. I feed a mix of TOPs, Harrison’s, and Roudybush to my flock. I used to feed ZuPreem Fruit Blend but then switched because I didn’t like the artificial dyes and flavors.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Just FYI, TOPS is not a professionally formulated brand like the others. It's aimed at people who are more interested in "natural" than nutritional balance. Some important nutrients are completely missing, and the amount of the others is unknown. You'd get the same results from putting together your own 'kitchen sink' blend of healthy foods without really understanding what nutrients are in them, and this mix would at least be fresh.

For anybody who's interested, Nutriberries are formulated for nutritional completeness, and most birds love them because they look like seedball treats instead of conventional pellets. The company is very good about sending free samples, at least to people in North America. All you have to do is email them and tell them your address and what size you're interested in: https://lafeber.com/contact-lafeber-co/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 19 times
Got happy chirps: 49 times
as I remember, some people on this forum reported that Nutriberries were more wasted than consumed.
I used to be crushing them for my birds. They seemed to be interested but the pellets stayed in the bowl at the end.

What about Pretty Bird - are they professionally formulated? We like them.
I also feed Roudybush crumbles but at this time I am out and don't have extra money so they eat just Pretty birds.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not really familiar with Pretty Bird, but based on the ingredient list it looks like they're nutritionally complete.

The formula for Nutriberries was slightly modified recently, and now it's easier to break them up. They seem moister too. I can squish them in my fingers now instead of beating them with a mortar and pestle.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:18 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
my bird dont like pellets he will eat caitec baked bites pellets occionally or he used to i havent bought any pellets in 6 months.

is nutriberries concidered a pellet>?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, Nutriberries count as a pellet. My birds LOVE them. If you haven't done it before, you can contact Lafeber and ask for a free sample. They're great about samples, and they'll probably send you a lot. https://lafeber.com/contact-lafeber-co/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:50 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
yeah i got free samples of nutriberries and avi cakes and pellet berries. he dident fall for the pellet berries he just crushed them. lol
had this girl on fb say that they were not safe becuse they had some sort fake vit k thing in it so ideleted my post of this gift that my friend sent zorro with his balsa,
i dont remember the name.

does it have to be regular ones or fruit ones ok?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There's a lot of false rumors flying around about menadione, which is a form of Vitamin K. It's perfectly safe as long as you don't take an overdose of 1,000 times the normal amount, and it's the only form of Vitamin K that's approved for use in pet food. It's the foundation of both Vitamin K1 and K2, and it's made in the body when the body is transforming K1 from the diet into K2. If you want the technical details, I have an article section about it here: http://www.littlefeatheredbuddies.com/i ... #menadione

There are people out there who hate pellets and grab onto any excuse they can find to scare people away from them, and that's basically what the hysteria about menadione is about. But it isn't actually a problem.

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next