It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: aggressive parrot
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:24 pm 
Egg
Egg

Gave happy chirps: 0 time
Got happy chirps: 0 time
hi i have a aggressive parrot he,s fine with me most of the time but if anyone else goes near him he trys to bite them how can i stop this

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: aggressive parrot
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Hi, Welcome to the forum! To keep spammers out I have to set the board so that all posts have to be approved at first, but now I've set your account so your posts will show up on the board without having to be approved first.

What kind of parrot do you have? There are some birds who will choose one particular person in the family to be their "mate", and they will be unfriendly to everyone else. The problem will be worse when the bird is hormonal; if you think your bird might be hormonal, the website article at http://www.littlefeatheredbuddies.com/i ... mones.html has information on how you can bring the hormone level down.

You can also use food bribery to help change his attitude toward other people. They can give him a special treat when they approach him, and you should not give him this same treat so it will be something special that he gets from others. If he likes millet spray, this is a good treat to use, because it's long and they can offer it to him in a way that lets him eat the seed while keeping their hand out of biting range. It might take a while for him to start acting friendlier.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]