View results

Post subject: Re: Is this anything I should be concern about?BUDGIES
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
With budgies, the females tend to be more aggressive than the males They're feisty little things!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:13 pm 
Finch
Finch

Gave happy chirps: 12 times
Got happy chirps: 0 time
:raspberry: No wonder Kaylee is usually the one that starts the fights and is more brave and aggressive than Sunshine LOL.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:48 pm 
Finch
Finch

OMG! Today Kaylee got even more aggressive so I try to lure Kaylee away from Sunshine and told my brother to tell my dad to separate them but he was too slow so I let him separating them with a stick and I told my dad but he said later.. But when I got back in the room my brother told me that they escaped out of the cage!!! They were fighting and Sunshine was scared so he flew around the cage then flew out and Kaylee followed so we tried to lure them back in ( all the doors/windows were closed) But they flew all around the room bumped into the TV screen and window! We tried luring Kaylee in with her FAV stick but she didn't stay on then she flew on top of a tall closet we had to stand on the bed and tried to get her down after many attempts.. no use so I stepped off the bed and asked Where's Sunshine Guess what.. He's yellow but blended into a red pillow! He was still so I said come on boy be a good boy. My brother took the cage and put it in front of Sunshine he thought a bit and flew back in and praised Sunshine.Then we got back to Kaylee but she flew down and bumped into a doorknob then landed on the floor in front of the bathroom door which was closed.I tried to lure in with food and my brother lured her in with a stick.Whew! That was a really close one and no one else in the house knew.

I want to separate them but they feed and groom each other too. Soo I don't know. :shrug:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There were several parts in that story where I thought there was going to be a bad ending! I'm glad that it actually turned out OK.

It would really help a lot if they were tamer. You might want to clip their wing feathers temporarily to help with the taming process - it's a lot easier to work with a bird that has limited flying ability. Clipping doesn't hurt them, and the wing feathers will grow back next time they molt.

If they are still in the old cage, they might live together more peacefully in a bigger cage. When one bird feels like fighting, the other one will have plenty of room to run away. They would also have more room to play, and Kaylee might be less aggressive if she got more exercise and entertainment. A bigger cage would help with that, but if they were tame enough and/or flight-controlled enough to come out of the cage every day, they would have even more opportunities for exercise and entertainment.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:51 pm 
Finch
Finch

Yeah I know about wing-clipping, I really want to bk most people it helps with the taming process. But they might get so scared during the clipping that they might not trust me or my brother but I'll try to so where do I go? Pet stores?

I know about the cage but when didn't go there yet.And it's hard switching cages because sometimes you need to poke them a bit till they walk away then get in to the cage, but other times takes forever. This reminds me the first day we got Kaylee we opened the little box and tilt it she looked around but didn't go out so we tilted a bit more and she loss balance and got out then climbed onto a perch.

Haha today school day I was tortured during bookfair and the rest of the school day started out when I got my money and went to the bookfair with my friends and while I was picking out the stuff there my friend spotted a book she really wanted but didn't her own money, I felt bad for her but my mom told me not to give the money to anyone but I gave $10 to her and she was like "are u sure?"
I was "like idk my mom told me not to but.." I trailed off. "Yeah, go ahead" I said.
She was really nervous, so was I .After we bought it, I found out I needed $0.03 more and she gave me her change $0.22 when we got back in class. So 2 pennies and 2 dimes, I needed 1 more penny. So for the rest of the day we both felt guilty then we got an idea of her to stop annoying to me for the rest of tomorrow.
So now still need to get/find 1 penny.
So I got 2 books: Poaching Panic and Kitty Corner

Hehe I LOVE CATS!But of course I love my pets too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Some pet shops will do it; ask before you go. Some pet shop people are very competent and others aren't. You'll probably have better luck if you can find a pet shop that's more bird-oriented than average.

Vets will do it too but I don't know what they charge. If you can find a local bird club they might do it cheap - the Tucson bird club does low-cost grooming but we're a little far from you lol.

I did a quick search and found a website for the San Jose bird mart: http://www.sanjosebirdmart.com/ Bird marts are special events, not something that's open all the time. But they're usually sponsored by bird clubs, so if you can figure out who's behind this one you might be able to get some local help. It doesn't say on the website, but I suspect that it might be this club: http://santaclarabirdclub.org/ They're having a meeting on Sunday if you can get to it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:28 pm 
Finch
Finch

Um okay so questions I ask them are:
-do you do wing-clipping?
-how much is the price
well that's all I got.
So I'll try Petsmart and Petco first.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:44 am 
Finch
Finch

BTW What do you think I should do? separate them in different cages or put in a bigger cage?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:43 am 
Finch
Finch

Oh I made this vid today: http://animoto.com/play/rYnOmdqD1YjzogA3hurI3w

My teacher found this website and it's awesome! I made 3 vids : Animals, Fairy Tales ( that was HW), and Things in Nature.
It's free as long as you don't upgrade.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Whether to put them in separate cages or one big cage really depends on what you think will work out best overall for the birds and for the humans too. You're in a better position than me to figure that out lol.

I'm out of town right now and doing my internet activities on a tablet computer that I only halfway know how to use. My opportunities to get online are kind of sporadic too so my replies may be kind of slow. I couldn't view the video on the tablet but I can probably watch it on my regular computer when I get home.

Page 6 of 7 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next