You may select 1 option

View results

Post subject: Re: Is this anything I should be concern about?BUDGIES
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:41 pm 
Finch
Finch

Gave happy chirps: 12 times
Got happy chirps: 0 time
Oh oops... I deleted it. I've been wondering if you watched it yet at school too.Dang it should have made a copy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:01 pm 
Finch
Finch

So I made this video Sunshine and Kaylee when I was bored but there aren't vid. clips but just photos.
http://animoto.com/play/018DltNiQl0KzTRUcFbh9Q

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
They're adorable, and that was a cute video! I haven't watched anything at school for a long long time though because I graduated several decades ago.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:15 am 
Finch
Finch

Thanks for watching it!
Anyway, I got Kaylee out of the cage and put her on top of it and she kept going under the cloth she really likes exploring!I did that once yesterday and my brother 3 times but on his third...
Kaylee took off and landed on my parents' photo which was higher than my brother and I can reach including when I stood on the chair!
All of a sudden Sunshine busted out of the cage and the two of them started chirping back and forth.
I had to scare Kaylee and she flew on top of the ACC but it wasn't on I tried to lure her down oh no use.So I turned around and Sunshine was on the bed so I put the cage in front of him and nothing happened finally he flew on top of the cage but didn't get in so slowly I turned the cage till the entrance was the top , he climbed onto the cage door and I nearly closed it but he flew off!
I turned back to Kaylee and had to get her some where lower and I had to scare her but this time she took off onto the light bulb..I thought she'd burned herself.
I forgot what happened but she got back on the ACC while Sunshine flew on the floor between the closet and bed so I had to bring the cage back there FINALLY he flew in and I closed the cage door before he flew out. For Kaylee, she took FOREVER till my brother made her flew down to the bedroom door and landed on the floor my brother took the cage and put it in front of Kaylee and I opened the cage door so she could run away but she didn't fly so my brother got her on her FAv perch and she got on then off then stay on till my brother put her back in the cage and put the cage back in place.
We did it in the nick of time because right when we were finished our mom got inside the room. Whew! I was exhausted out after that!! 2nd escape!
That was the hardest part of my Friday!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
When birds get out of the cage they frequently want to stay out and play instead of going back in lol. It can be helpful to give them a reward for going back in the cage, for example luring them back in with millet spray. It can also be helpful to sometimes put them in the cage and then leave the door open so they can come right back out again if they want to. This teaches them that going in the cage doesn't necessarily mean that they're going to be locked up right away, so there's less reason to resist.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:44 pm 
Finch
Finch

Thanks for the tips and we do leave the cage door open when they're in the cage because we were too lazy to go close it.LOL

Profile E-mail  

Page 7 of 7 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7