Page 6 of 6 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Mr Darcy
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:53 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Barbara
Gave happy chirps: 494 times
Got happy chirps: 115 times
After the move Mr Darcy seems more accepting; he still doesn't like me to get too close to Bubu but only attacked me once.
In some way the new bird room has made him less territorial; maybe because it's larger than the old one, so that they all can have their favourite spots without being on top of each other; or maybe he's just still adjusting and will become a little monster again! Time will tell.

I have noticed a few changes. First of all I don't need to catch him now to put him to sleep, he will step up on the stick and let me put him in (after a few hit and miss), naturally Bubu has to be inside already otherwise no way lol.
They are learning from each other; Silver Boy, who I am now calling Strider (thank you Tielfan for the name, not sure it will stick but right now it fits perfectly), has been a godsend because has taught the untame ones how to go in the cage at bed time without drama and towellings.
Keith is so sociable and affectionate, now even Angelina steps up on my fingers! and of course Bubu and Angelina are the step-up-on-the-stick masters so now a few others are more accepting of that too.

Darcy seems more integrated in the flock too.
Nobody liked him very much because of his protective behaviour, but now he's less tense so I caught him a few times playing with the girls. He even tried to have sex with Trilly... Frank yelled and chased him around the room, so I don't think he'll try that again soon :lol: But it's a start.

I decided not to send him to the aviary. I can't put him in such a rough environment. He is a pain but after all he is MY pain so he is here to stay.
The outdoor aviary, once I build it, will help even more with him, I am optimistic!

The screen magnetic door is great at preventing him from flying after Bubu when I take him out of the room, and it seems like he knows that Bubu is gonna come back soon, so he doesn't even flock call constantly like he used to.

All in all, I am glad that my dark, handsome crazy little man is staying with us :cheery: :cheery: :cheery:
And I'm pretty sure that I'll regret this decision, but no going back now :nono:

Love Triangle

I come in peace... to get my piece of toast thank you very much

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
It's nice that he's improving! The new location probably helped in another way too. Everyone was uncertain about the new situation, and wanted to cling more closely to anything that was familiar. Including you and the birds that they previously didn't like!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:08 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
Is that Darcy on the right? Slender boy. Or maybe I just have big boys.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:24 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Barbara
Gave happy chirps: 494 times
Got happy chirps: 115 times
Bluekeet wrote:
Is that Darcy on the right? Slender boy. Or maybe I just have big boys.

In that picture he's particularly slender because he is heartwinging and making the silly kissing face to Bubu, but yes, he's quite streamlined, and very very long; he's the longest tiel of the bunch.

tielfan wrote:
It's nice that he's improving! The new location probably helped in another way too. Everyone was uncertain about the new situation, and wanted to cling more closely to anything that was familiar. Including you and the birds that they previously didn't like!

That's true, I didn't make the connection in my head but there is much more friendliness going around, towards me and each other.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:01 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
All sounding good in the bird room.... :cheery:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:50 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Wondeful update! It sounds like this move was for the best of both worlds :)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:16 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
So nice to hear how things are going and to see the pictures. I'm thinking "misery loves company" LOL--you also are having your bird struggles. It's nice that you've decided to keep Mr Darcy.

I think you may see more interesting behavior as they get used to their new room.

Page 6 of 6 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6