Page 6 of 6 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: How To Tame A Bird
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:36 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Thank you Dianne. I'll be honest. I can never imagine myself driving. I am extreamly uncomfortable when people look at me. It's hard for me to cross the streets alone. I can't possibly go into a car.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
You need to work at a level that's not too uncomfortable of course. You also need an adult in the car who is patient and doesn't pressure you or criticize you. If you have an adult like that to work with and can practice in an area where there aren't a lot of people around, your confidence will grow. It's a learned skill like everything else, and everyone is inept at first. It's nothing to feel bad about, just give yourself time and practice when there's little or no audience, and you'll get the hang of it. It's a very useful skill. There's no need to learn it right this minute, but as you get older you might feel odd if you DON'T know how to drive. So it'll be good to learn it eventually.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:40 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Barbara
Gave happy chirps: 494 times
Got happy chirps: 115 times
Ops, I read these latest posts after posting on the birthday thread... I am sorry that you feel like that about driving, I am sure with time you will feel more open to the idea.
Learning to drive opened a new world for me... I fell in love with driving since the first time I tried! When you are in your car, it's like wearing a shield. Nobody can bother you.
My car, for me, is like a mini-home :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:11 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
When I was in my teens everyone I knew started driving as soon as he could. Now, however, it is more common for young people not to want to drive. My niece and nephew are in their twenties and my nephew just got his license. My niece still doesn't have one.

I think times are different now. Driving is more challenging than when i was young. And, insurance can be expensive. However, on a permit one is usually covered by the driver's insurance.

I think it would be great for you to learn to drive. However, there's no reason to feel bad about it if you just don't want to. There are places where one can get around just fine on public transportation.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:27 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Thank you guys for the words.

Page 6 of 6 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6