It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:32 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Maya is only tame indoors...WHY?!?!?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:41 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
It's so annoying. Maya is so lonely in the aviary and im trying to be her friend but she is scared of me. Yesterday, i was fed up so i brought her inside and wanted to give her head scratches in the towel. I let her out of the towel and she was a totally different bird. She was perched on me and stepped on my hand like she was 100% tame. She let me give her head scritches for 10 minutes and she LOVED it so much. She preened in my hand. It was like a miracle. After i was done playing with her, i put her back in the aviary and she completely forgot about what literally happened 5 seconds ago. She was back to a scared lonely girl. She was scared if my finger was close to her even after she was sleeping while that same finger was rubbing her head. It was so cute when she was friendly though. I wanted to get a video so badly but i know it would ruined the moment.

Post subject: Re: Maya is only tame indoors...WHY?!?!?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:05 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
Maybe she falls under the influence of her flockmates when she's around them. Most of them aren't tame, and she could be trying to fit in with the majority of the flock so they like her better.

But when she's with you, she shows her true self away from the flock. Poppy did that too in quarantine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:33 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
But its so sad. She is so alone. My aunt came over and she immediately noticed how she was alone. She isn't even a bird person. Maya is so pretty. Her pearls glow. Its so sad how she is so lonely. She masturbates SOOO many times a day. No birdie cares. I want her to live with me indoors. Its weird because I put her in a cage in my room and she was tame at first but after a couple of hours she was scared again. She gets scared when shes used to things but she is brave when she isnt used to things. How weird is that? I sometimes feel like im not a good home for her because shes so alone. Not one bird likes her.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:00 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
I've heard of people with birds in the aviary to bring in some to live with them indoors because they liked people more.

Maybe you could do that with Maya?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:05 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
Bryni is so lonely on his own since, Zippi the tiel died... this is why I'm getting him a baby budgie....my other birds wont bother with him..
Tiels and budgies go together very well....
A suggestion for you....

Take Maya indoors in a cage, set it up nicely for her to live in, go out and purchase a budgie to live in the same cage as her....

If you know a person who has budgies, you wont have to quarantine then...
As I know the breeder where my baby budgie is coming from, I know I can put him straight into the cage with Bryni...
Just an idea for a lonely tiel!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
When you bring her inside, you suddenly become the most familiar thing in the room. Everything else there is strange to her, but she knows you and wants to flock with you for protection. Maybe if you bring her inside regularly for sessions like this she will become tamer and friendlier out in the aviary too. She might not be willing to do head scritches every time, but you can do other nice things like holding millet spray for her to eat.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]