Post subject: Re: Grumpy girl
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:43 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
She looks so embarrassed when she found out you were filming. :lol:

I guess this is practically the teenager stage for most birds, which makes sense. Don't want to listen to anyone, and want to do some naughty things.

*sigh* teenagers. :lol:

They definitely are some eager breeders, considering how fast the cockatiels in my mom's old aviary multiplied. Sometimes I wonder if they make it their life's mission to populate the world, or something. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Grumpy girl
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:16 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
I must be doing something right now. I gave her some scritches this morning, as well as some deconstructed nutriberries in her treat bowl. I found out that she has trouble eating them in a bowl, since they always fall to the ground, so I deconstruct them in the bowl, and give her whole ones while out of the cage.

She didn't want to step up at first, so I left the cage door open as I left the room for a couple minutes. I came back, and she stepped up with no objections. We hung out in the family room, as I let her look out the window. There was one dove sitting on the wall, and as usual, she was fascinated in everything it was doing.

Then I got a bunch of nutriberries, my laptop, and went back to my room. She's doing fine now, steps up from the laptop without too many objections. She's also gotten quite vocal as well, as we exchanged some bird-talk. She chirps, and I attempt to mimic it with short whistles. She seems to enjoy that. :) If I could get her to sing while in the room with me, that would be amazing, considering she usually does it when she thinks no one is listening.

Page 3 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3