It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:57 am

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Bath time!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:01 pm 
Finch
Finch

Gave happy chirps: 8 times
Got happy chirps: 10 times
My boy LOVES taking a shower, but has always ignored all sorts of bathtubs/containers...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:05 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
So it's been a while since this thread has posted, but with Alex here, I thought I'd update.

I decided to draw a little warm bath for him, as well. At first, he seemed to have no interest in bathing. He was only drinking out of it, until...

He didn't actually "bathe" in it, so to say. He just got in it as he was drinking. It didn't completely wash out the baby food from his face or chest, but it helped somewhat.

Of course he saw it as drinking water before bathing water. It seems birds can't tell much of a difference. :lol:

And of course, Lucy, being the nosey little butt that she is, tries to photobomb. If I took this just a second later, she'd probably have her whole head in. :lol:

Lucy started drinking out of it while Alex was in the bath, so I decided to get one for her as well. Aside from a few sips, no one seemed interested. :roll:

I do notice that the water bowl gets dirty fairly often though. Maybe he's already trying to bathe. Either that, or Lucy's being a butt and dropping pellets into it for no specific reason (I have seen some whole, uneaten pellets in it).

I will be very glad once he's weaned, so he can get all that baby food off of him. It's been clumped to the feathers next to his beak for the longest time, and is impossible to get out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
You can get it out but it takes a LOT of soaking, and the risk that the feathers will get pulled out before they wash clean.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:15 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
I gave Emma a bath this morning also. I use a glass loaf pan. She seems to like the oblong shape. Silver serenaded her while she was bathing, drank some of the bath water, but didn't go in.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:39 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Contrary to my other birds, Rio doesn't like getting misted. He prefers bathing in a bowl himself.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:17 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
Lucy's a little weird with baths. She doesn't like misting, but doing it in still water isn't good enough either. She likes having the water poured directly on her.

If I can get her to bathe again, I'll have to get a picture of it for the photo contest.

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2