It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: A scary bottle
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:41 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
My cockatiels are not very scardy cat at all. I can put a lot of toys on top of the cage, and they don't flinch, and often start exploring it right away. But, then there are things that really, really spook them, and I sometimes don't know why.

This afternoon, I opened a package of four small, clear plastic bottles. As I got them out, I thought the tiels might like to play with one of them. So, I brought it up to stane it on top of the cage where they were playing, and both of them were really scared of it, and ended up on the floor after startling.

The bottle in question is about 5 inches high, about an inch in diameter, and clear. However, it has a white cap on it. What do you think it could have been about this object that really scared them?

Another thing they are terrified of is brooms and mops. I really have to hold anything like that very low down when I go into the bird room with it.

Post subject: Re: A scary bottle
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:45 pm 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
Rocko and Loki are terrified of socks it would he like a night fright if the cage door was locked they would try fly in the cage and get hurt.Tiko is afraid of almost everything.

Post subject: Re: A scary bottle
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:42 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 19 times
Got happy chirps: 49 times
you never know what would scare them. Most of the times my daughter runs in, they fly in panic (I think the reason is that she is not walking calmly LOL, or maybe wearing scary clothes LOL )
yesterday I arrived from the cold wearing ear warmer headband. They were already in the cage for the night, but they gave me a look that could be read as "what on Earth does she have on her head???" they looked really really puzzled, I could see a lot of intelligence in their little faces LOL

Post subject: Re: A scarey bottle
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:08 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
I have been noticing with Emma that she seems to like me to talk to her when she is in the cage. She will let me get really close to her, as long as the bars are there to protect her from my horrid hands. She still hasn't forgiven me at all for capturing her and having her clipped (six weeks ago). I can offer her all the sunflower seeds I want, but she's not going to perch on my arm or hand to get them.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]