Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Years Surprise
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:33 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
So this morning, I had Lucy and Alex on the table, eating/shredding some veggies I put out for them while I was on my iPad, checking some things. Near the end, I had Alex sitting on my arm like the clingy thing he is, and Lucy trying to find something to destroy like the mischievous thing she is.

At one point, I feel Lucy chewing on my ring. Since this is something I'm used to, I dismissed it at first. Then I notice that she wasn't being nearly as diligent about it as usual. She just gently nibbled, then stop for a few seconds, rinse and repeat.

So I look at her to see Lucy fluffed up and content looking. She nibbles at my ring again, and lowers her head. She was asking for scritches.

As I've said before, she rarely ever does this. This must be the second she actually approached me for scritches since I got her back, and the third time overall (though I don't know if the first time counted. She just stood at the doorway of her cage, and let me pet her). She's very accepting, but rarely does she ask. It's always a treat when she does.

Needless to say, it was a pleasant surprise to have on the very first day of the year (probably the second day to those on the other side of the globe). :)

Post subject: Re: New Years Surprise
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
I wonder if the desire for scritchies is because she's maturing, and looking for a "mate". Or if it's just because she appreciates your company more after her adventures in the wild.

Post subject: Re: New Years Surprise
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:16 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
I wonder that too. I'm sure she knows Alex is too young, and she ,I tht know his gender better than we do. :lol: So I guess I'm only option in this case.

Joey's half her size, Dudley's a grumpy old man-bird, and I think she's still trying to figure out what the finches are, considering they're as big as her head. :lol: By the time Alex grows up, I may end up having two birds thinking I'm their mate.

And then the endless soap opera continues.

I think that her being grateful to be home might have some contribution though. She was nearly starved to death by the time I got her back, and the room she was in was pretty cold, so I imagine she's happy to be in a warm house with plenty of food.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]