It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:38 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Itchy Budgie and flirtacious cockatiels
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:36 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
Piper, my male budgie was sitting on the rope perch in his cage, which runs under and crosswise from the plastic Vision perch. I saw him standing right under the Vision perch and rubbing his head against it, for quite a bit of time. It was very cute.

I wish I could have gotten a picture. Soon, I hope to get a better camera to take pictures of my birds.

Meanwhile, this afternoon Emma had her butt against the cage bars, rubbing it back and forth. Meanwhile, Silver was making heart wings and chirping sounds at her. I don't think Silver has figured out what he is suppose to do yet. Isn't it funny how different birds have different levels of sexual expertise at the same age! Piper never had a problem knowing what to do with Emma, but hasn't figured it out with Winter yet.

Post subject: Re: Itchy Budgie and flirtacious cockatiels
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:52 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
Birds are pretty funny like that. :lol: I caught Lucy asking to be preened from Alex, but I think Alex is too young to understand what she was asking for since he started to play with her crest feathers. It lasted for only a few seconds, and I haven't seen them do that since.

It seems budgies have a thing for rubbing their heads on stuff. I've noticed a lot of them doing it to bells. They'll stick their heads in them, and sometimes talk in them.

Or maybe that part's just Disco.
phpBB [video]

Post subject: Re: Itchy Budgie and flirtacious cockatiels
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:07 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
That's a very cute video. Have you seen the one of the cockatoo screaming into a cup?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRsfOGJ5lZg

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]