Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Training with Mango:Continuing Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:11 pm 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
Today went very ok he learned to step up on my arm hurray :clap: now I don't have to use my sleeve all the time.I done the ladder around 10 times then he flew away.I have to say he done very well.He deserves a nice slice of apple for his good work just hope Cracker doesn't take it lol.His nails are incredibly sharp though I mean they are literally like razors I have bumps all over my arm now and its stinging lol,I cant be the one to cut them can I because we are progressing so well and I don't wanna ruin it by him watching me cut his nails which he wont like so I'm thinking should I bring him out to get them cut? I can only do Loki's nails because she is the only one who is calm enough.Rocko move all over the place and would even bite even though he is the sweetest of them all lol.And Mango I never cut his nails and wouldn't want to risk losing our good work. :woohoo1:

Post subject: Re: Training with Mango:Continuing Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Congratulations on a good day's work! Yes, it would be best to get someone else to cut or file his nails. Can your mother or some other family member do it? Or maybe someone at the pet shop could do it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:27 pm 
Banned
Banned

tielfan wrote:
Congratulations on a good day's work! Yes, it would be best to get someone else to cut or file his nails. Can your mother or some other family member do it? Or maybe someone at the pet shop could do it.

Yeah my mams friend owns Kinsealy pet shop and he could do it ill probably go down tomorrow or Monday.And my mam cant cut nails and doesn't like to watch it being done either and she didn't want me in the room at all clipping Mango's wings which I regret doing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:31 pm 
Banned
Banned

Yep he is getting them done tomorrow I wont have money until tomorrow afternoon so my mam is giving me the money in the morning to get them done.He will probably do them free though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:32 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
:clap: Hey, since he stepped up onto your arm, you can probably keep getting him to step onto your arm, but try and get him closer to your hand. For example: If he's stepping up onto the area near your elbow, try and work on getting him to step up closer to your wrist. Once he can step up onto your wrist, then it won't be as hard to get him to step up onto your hand.

That would be better than my previous idea of trying to corner him and force him onto your hand. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:37 pm 
Banned
Banned

He stands right beside my wrist already.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:31 am 
Banned
Banned

His nails are getting clipped on Wednesday I emailed the Pet store yesterday and they said they can do them Wednesday and im ok with that since im off school early on Wednesday's.He was a little skittish when I was taking him out of the cage because guess what he destroyed Rocko and Loki's christmas present their climbing net.So now its just a perch hanging in the cage like a swing and Mango likes it lol.Ill have to get the tiels a new one because Loki loved it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:11 am 
Banned
Banned

Another Training session with Mango now.I came home early from school today because I was light headed and had pains in my stomach so im not well and I dont think ill be going to school tomorrow.My exam report came in the mail today and I got very high in Science and Business and my mam asked me how am I getting so high in those subjects and I said because im good at it lol.Well anyway ill let you know how Mango does and I hope my birds dont catch a sickness from me but even though im sick im trying to fight it and just act normal.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:45 am 
Banned
Banned

Today's training didn't go well at all he just wanted to run and fly all the time.He runs straight to my arm when I hold it out but is still scared of my hands.Whats so wrong with hands can he not see its apart of my arm? I would rather him be a biter than a scared bird because with a biter I could just make him step up and ignore the biting.He was also making lots of aggressive noises at me.I really need help getting him to step up over and over isn't teaching him to not be afraid of hands its just teaching him to step up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:05 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Good job at getting high grades! It's ok if training doesn't go well one day. Just try again and go a bit slower.

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next