It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:25 am

Page 3 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Will they remember me?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:26 am 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
JustCoco! wrote:
Because it's illegal. They warn you first, and if you still do it, you face the consequences.

Thats wrong though they should just take the animal from them its not the animals fault.Wow we live in such a sick world.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:18 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
Oh right, I forgot about the whole legal system with pets. :lol: Whoops.
I'll be honest, when you were thinking of giving two of your tiels up, I was thinking of offering to take them in temporarily and find them a home here, but that would still be risking the concequences.

English and american budgies are indeed the same, but from what I've heard, English budgies are a little more laid back, while american budgies are hyper, energetic, and curiously busy. So yours might get along with Coco if Coco is anything like Lucy. :lol:

And Brandon, where would the bird go? Most bird rescues and sanctuaries here in America are already overcrowded, and it's not like they can release them. I doubt the people in charge of that kind of thing actually care about the animals. I'm not saying it's ok, but sometimes, there is literally no other option.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:11 pm 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
They shouldnt be killed though.Maybe find them a home and im sure pet shops would take them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Smuggling is when you secretly take something into a place and are breaking laws or rules in the process. Birds that are brought into the US from other countries can carry diseases that would be devastating to the poultry industry. The government needs to protect against that so that's why they have the quarantine rules and other restrictions. But these rules are a colossal pain in the butt, and some people try to get around it by sneaking birds into the country. There are also a lot of laws against bringing endangered species into the country, which are designed to protect the wild population. But there are a lot of endangered birds that people would like to have as pets, so there's a lot of smuggling.

Whenever somebody is caught smuggling, the thing they were trying to sneak into the country is seized by the government. If it's something like drugs they'll save it as evidence for the court trial, but if it's something they don't need it'll be destroyed and that can include animals. If it's an endangered species that can be released back into the wild they might send it back home, but they're not going to going to go to that much trouble for pet birds. They also can't be bothered to quarantine it for 3 months and then try to find a new home for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:07 pm 
Finch
Finch

Gave happy chirps: 8 times
Got happy chirps: 10 times
There was a sad story about pets smuggling not too long ago here:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-07/j ... rt/6754018

Last edited by addicted.to.tiels on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:22 pm 
Finch
Finch

Brandon's-Fids wrote:
They shouldnt be killed though.Maybe find them a home and im sure pet shops would take them.

Or the smuggler should pay a fine and the pet(s) should be quarantined.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
That's how it would be in a perfect world, but unfortunately this world is far from perfect.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:58 pm 
Finch
Finch

I know, but I still hope one day they will change these rules because it is really horrible to kill innocent pets.
It is a sick world, but occasionally humans finally understand they are wrong and change the law.

Page 3 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3