Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: busy butts
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:09 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
You know... All the cockatiels I've had in the past were completely satisfied with just being in a high up place. Not Lucy though. She has to be doing something, all the time. Heck, Alex is younger than her, and still a little more laid back than Lucy, who is older than him by about 8-9 months.

There's a plaque my mom has on the wall behind Joey's cage. Ever since we put Joey's cage there, she's been able to reach it. Now, she constantly chews on the wire that's keeping it hung on the nail. :lol: I'm afraid she might actually manage to take it off the wall, one day.

And when she's not messing with the plaque, she's looking down at Joey and the finches, which freaks them out. Sometimes, she may climb down Dudley's cage and stick her head in the bars, to try and eat from his food bowl. On good days, Dudley ignores her. On bad days, I have to get her away from the cage before Dudley takes her crest off.

I asked my mom if any of the birds she raised were as busy as her. She said that while they did get into things, they weren't nearly as bad about it as Lucy is. :lol:

I'm hoping the playstand I recently ordered would be enough to keep her entertained. Then she could stop trying "play" with whatever I'm working on.

Who else has a bird so busy, you can't keep your eyes off them for a second?

Post subject: Re: busy butts
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
She's the daughter of Shodu after all! She'll probably settle down as she gets older, just like her mother did. But right now she's young and energetic and full of curiosity, which is actually a good thing because it's a sign of intelligence.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:36 pm 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 19 times
Got happy chirps: 49 times
Try to give her some balsa wood to chew. it's cheap and effective :)
Also, I've posted somewhere a picture how my birds sit on and chew straw wreath (bought at Home Depo). My birds are super busy with both
Again, there are 10 of them here, so the situation is different in my house, but it's worth giving it a try.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:00 am 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
Have to watch Loki all the time and sometimes Rocko will follow.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]