Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tiko the African grey
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:36 pm 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
So a little info about Tiko, She is 8 years old has been with us since she was 12 weeks old and we got her hand reared, We also have her cage since we got her and its an ok size and all but she likes to play so we want to go bigger and wider.Well im posting here because Tiko is not that tame anymore, my mam is the most bonded to her and my mam can give her kisses after covering her for bed and she steps up most of the time for my mam but can bite too.She will always step up for everybody if she is down on the floor or flys and lands somewhere but her cage, she never steps up when on her cage.I would like to be able to handle her and actually be a big part of her life but I dont know how to go about doing that.She is not afraid of my hands and does take treats and I give her fruit and veg all the time.She is now in my bedroom she was on the stand but the cockatiels flew and she got a fright and flew too and landed on my bed, She is scared when the little ones fly near her.I think the main reason why she lost trust in us is because she once bit my mams lip and of course my mam got a fright and was screaming.Advice and Suggestions will be very much appreciated,Tiko is a wonderful girl and we have been saying she is a Female for years but never got a DNA test and there is a Male African grey next door to us my Uncles house and Tiko makes kissing noises when she hears him and Tiko was kissing a Male African grey in the pet store his name is Coco and Tiko really liked him lol Tiko was also very small compared to him lol.

Post subject: Re: Tiko the African grey
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Just simply spending time with Mango has done a lot for your relationship with him, so try doing the same thing with Tiko. Bring her to your room to hang out with you on a regular basis, and in the beginning put the small birds somewhere else so they're not buzzing around making her nervous. She'll get used to the small birds eventually but it would be better to let her get used to hanging out in your room first and introduce the little guys gradually.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:11 pm 
Banned
Banned

tielfan wrote:
Just simply spending time with Mango has done a lot for your relationship with him, so try doing the same thing with Tiko. Bring her to your room to hang out with you on a regular basis, and in the beginning put the small birds somewhere else so they're not buzzing around making her nervous. She'll get used to the small birds eventually but it would be better to let her get used to hanging out in your room first and introduce the little guys gradually.

Shes actually ok with the little ones just didn't like when the Cockatiels flew close to her because I was taking them off the door.She is still in my bedroom finally off my bed she stepped up and I put her back on the stand.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:12 pm 
Banned
Banned

Carolyn theres a new member on my group he has a Female plum head and a Male princess parrot and other parrots too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:46 pm 
Banned
Banned

Tiko flew on my bed again and she stepped up then went to bite so I pushed my hand down so she went off balance and flew on the floor and then I picked her back up and put her on the stand

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]