Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Squeeling n nipping
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:19 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
Sometimes when zorros on tjs wife or son. N they want him off he will squuel n try n nip. Tho i don't see nipping. He usually just grabs ur finger to push it away. But they claim he is. Whats best method 4 dealing with that? Let them handle it with advise or i remove him? I think he do it because hes just so focused on surfacing he doesn't want to stop or because he dont see them as much. I usually suggest they dont grab him from above since its a preditor thing. That they try n get him from behindwith there hand like make him set up from behind. Sometimes he try n hide behind there head lol.

Post subject: Re: Squeeling n nipping
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
He's complaining because they're trying to make him stop doing something that he wants to do. They could try to make the request in a way that seems less rude to him, for example distract him with something else but keep it out of reach so he has to step up to get to it. Or any other technique that gets him off the shoulder with a minimum of aggravation to everybody. If he's not biting hard they could just accept that he's going to complain and deal with it. I get a lot of this from the cockatiels but I just make them get off my shoulder anyway.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]