It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Communication between me & my birds
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:24 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
Yesterday, I was in the kitchen and Silver flew out to the kitchen, circled the room once, cawing twice, and went back to the living room. I then heard Emma was making her flock call. I went out to the living room, and Emma had gotten herself down on the floor and was calling. So, I went over and she got on my hand and I got her back onto the top of the cage where they hang out. I really felt that Silver flew out to alert me that Emma needed me. (Silver is fully flighted, but Emma is clipped and can’t get height, so she drifts down to the floor if she tries to fly.

Yesterday I did a weekly cleaning of both bird cages. Tonight, I suddenly noticed Piper making an unusual chirping sound: very rapid and loud, not musical. He and Winter were on the outside of the little cage. I went over and discovered that I hadn’t opened the doors to the little cage after I cleaned it. They wanted to get inside, where there was a different food than in the other cage. So, I opened the doors. They didn’t go in right away, but fairly quickly.

It’s so rewarding to feel how much they can communicate with me and I understand them.

Post subject: Re: Communication between me & my birds
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
They really do know how to send a message. If I forget to open the cage door or forget to put the water bowls back in the cage, they'll tell me about it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]