Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: got my gym monday
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:01 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times

Got my gym monday and put it togeather as soon as i could. Took us a while was kinda difficult, but we got it. And it looks awesome, so does the training stand. They sent some free paper toys and candy. Was very nice not sure if they do that all the time or not. But they sent a huge box, had 4 small boxs that were empty Lol. Was way over kill.

Post subject: Re: got my gym monday
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:43 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Nice but my birds would be really scared of that plastic macaw on the play gym.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:30 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
It was just there since i dont have a real bird yet. He lives on my tv normally.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:06 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Oh, i thought it came with the play gym.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
That's a nice play gym!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:09 am 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Gave happy chirps: 1 time
Got happy chirps: 25 times
That's the same play gym I have! Mine is more of a charcoal color though and I didn't put the skirt on it because I've decided that I hate cage skirts (they're annoying to put on, it means they don't fit through the doors unless I remove the skirt and stuff still ends up on the floor even though obviously it would be a lot less stuff on the floor but still). My cockatiel and 3 budgies looooove this playgym and I like that it has enough hooky-uppy things on it to do lots of different things with it. The first thing I did, and I highly recommend it, is to use vet wrap or something like that to wrap around all the slick parts. Especially the wire part at the top where you're supposed to hang toys for the main perch. Well, the main perch is going to be whatever is the highest, so that little wire needs some padding and then vet wrap (or whatever, twine wrapped tightly, whatever will give it some girth and grip) so the birds can use it as a perch as well.

I will say that I hate where the food bowls are and rarely use them. Partly because of the cat (they're just too low for the cat but again, I don't have the skirt on so they'd probably be OK with the skirt). Also, the food bowls are super deep, so I happened to have these little stainless steal bowls from mixing bowl set that fit perfectly into the little holders in the cage and on the play gym. It's much more shallow and therefore much easier to eat from. Otherwise, I'd feel like I'd have to fill the thing half way to the top for my birds to eat from it without hanging halfway upside down into the bowl and that would waste a bunch of food.

I hope you and your birds-to-be love it as much as we do. I like that it's mobile and I can spend time changing things up on it to my heart's content.

Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]