It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:51 pm

Page 2 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anyone know information on the Princess Of Wales Parrot?
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:25 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
I forgot to mention that when it's windy, the plastic roof makes a loud cracking noise.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:26 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
I wish I was there to help. I love wood working. Do they have POW parakeets near you Baruch?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:16 pm 
Conure
Conure

Thank you Hannah, Carolyn, and Stephanie!

I am slowly going to answer each of your posts. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:27 pm 
Conure
Conure

Quote:
I've been holding back on getting one just simply because I have too many birds already and need to draw the line somewhere.

That's good. It's always good to have a limit. :)

Quote:
Is either one of your parents good at building things, or someone else that you know? You could tell them that you want to learn how to do this stuff yourself but need someone to teach you and help you. I can tell you from experience that it's not easy figuring this stuff out on your own. I still can't drive a nail straight, which is one reason I put all my stuff together with screws rather than nails. The main reason though was that if you use screws you can take it apart a lot more easily if you want to change something or replace damaged parts. Pulling out nails is harder than unscrewing something, and is more likely to damage the wood.

My parents aren't but my grandfather is. He is very good at building and constructing. My mother always says that we have a lot in common and that I have it in my blood. lol

I haven't even thought of that. That's a GREAT idea! Thanks a ton :D

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
So you get family time, skill building AND a new aviary! Sounds like it might be hard for them to argue with that one lol.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:34 pm 
Conure
Conure

Quote:
I wish I was there to help. I love wood working. Do they have POW parakeets near you Baruch?

I like it too. Just don't know how :lol:

I really hope they have them. But my parents don't know I'm thinking of any of this. I am planning the rough draft before I ask. I don't want to be like "let's build this and let's buy that" and my parents are going to be like "have you even thought about it yet?"

That line sort of reminded me of frozen when Anna wanted to marry Hans when they just met that day :lol:
THAT is my goofy side.

Last edited by Feathers on Thu May 29, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:35 pm 
Conure
Conure

Quote:
So you get family time, skill building AND a new aviary! Sounds like it might be hard for them to argue with that one lol.

Your good! :D

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
You've said before that you're not really interested in anything but your birds. Well, this is a great opportunity to do something that could turn into a new hobby, and can lead you into things that have nothing to do with birds. Do you have a good relationship with this grandfather, or does he tend to be impatient and cranky? Because you'll learn faster and better with (A) than with (B).

I'm fascinated with the idea of artistic wood carving and inlay and even making fancy furniture. But I only have the skills to build some simple bird equipment and probably won't go much farther than that. But if you've got it 'in your blood' there's no telling what you could end up doing! It will take time to learn and everyone is incompetent at first, so be patient with yourself and aim for doing it right rather than doing it fast.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:55 pm 
Conure
Conure

Quote:
You've said before that you're not really interested in anything but your birds. Well, this is a great opportunity to do something that could turn into a new hobby, and can lead you into things that have nothing to do with birds. Do you have a good relationship with this grandfather, or does he tend to be impatient and cranky? Because you'll learn faster and better with (A) than with (B).

I have two living grandfathers. The one from my dads side is really annoying. I was in my bird aviary and he just popped out of nowhere saying "do you sleep there?"
I sarcastically laughed.

My other grandfather from my moms side is the total opposite. He is so nice and caring and he loves kids and hates being alone (the opposite of a typical grandparent). His father passed away when he was 9 years old, and he was the only boy so he was very independent and knows how to fix many things. My other grandfather is the same but he will probably be rude the whole time and just let the birds go while I am not looking. I don't even thing he will help me. He will just scream and say how much money they waste.

He acts the same way to my mother as well. My mom has to ask him permission before doing any changes because if she didn't and he found out. It wouldn't be pretty. He always bashes her and says how she is wasting money.
I really got carried away oops.

Quote:
I'm fascinated with the idea of artistic wood carving and inlay and even making fancy furniture. But I only have the skills to build some simple bird equipment and probably won't go much farther than that. But if you've got it 'in your blood' there's no telling what you could end up doing! It will take time to learn and everyone is incompetent at first, so be patient with yourself and aim for doing it right rather than doing it fast.

Thank you, but I really don't think I can top your work. I will try

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:49 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
Haimovfids wrote:
My other grandfather from my moms side is the total opposite. He is so nice and caring and he loves kids and hates being alone (the opposite of a typical grandparent).

Actually, I view grandparents as your "opposite". My grandpa on my mother's side is grumpy, but as he gets older, he mellowed out. My dead grandpa, on my father's side, he was very nice. He died when I was 4 though, so I don't have too many memories of him. I know daddy was there he died. The last thing I remember doing with him was showing him my nifty new flip-up story book.

Profile E-mail  

Page 2 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next