Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Plum headed parakeets? Anybody
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
I have a princess parrot, and they're uncommon too. There's an upside and a downside to having an unusual species. The upside is that you've got something special and it gets people's attention. The downside is that there aren't a lot of online resources or other people to share information with. At least you can talk to IRN owners and maybe get some info that applies to plummies too.

People tend to breed the better-known species because they're easier to sell. In some places there aren't enough birds from a particular species to breed a lot of them even if you wanted to. Some species make better pets than others. I don't know about plummies, but it's said that POWs are mostly an aviary bird and don't have as much pet potential as a lot of other species. That's not true of Dweezil - he's got lots of pet potential - but maybe most POWs aren't as outgoing as him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:15 pm 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
I just joined the Parrot forum that may be the one you got banned from and it looks a lot like Talk cockatiels.But I joined for one reason and one reason only there are people there who own Plummies and I am hoping they notice me so I can talk to them and ask them to join a new group I made specifically for Plum heads on Facebook its called Plum headed Parakeet group.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If it's the same group that banned me, they won't want you to talk about a different group or invite people to join it, so be very careful about how you do it. Like inviting people by PM not by posting on the public forum. They're paranoid about competition from other groups. One of the reasons they were mad about me posting helpful links was because some of the articles were on a website that also had a forum. The articles were separate from the forum, but they didn't want their members visiting websites where they might find out about the existence of another forum.

It was this group here: http://www.parrotforums.com/forums.php

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:51 pm 
Banned
Banned

Yep thats the group im on and there are Plum head owners and even ex owners.I said it publicly on the group nobody has complained yet and I have talked to Plum head owners.Hope I can learn more.And also people are probably the same as me dont know much.And mango is definitely heading towards 2 years of age because they only start getting more red feathers on the head when 1 year old.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Either you didn't get caught or they're not as crazy as they used to be lol. I'm glad you found some plumhead owners to talk to.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:46 am 
Banned
Banned

tielfan wrote:
Either you didn't get caught or they're not as crazy as they used to be lol. I'm glad you found some plumhead owners to talk to.

Lol it does seem ok.Mango loves his nuts lol.

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2