Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Plum headed parakeets? Anybody
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:31 pm 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
Its kind of lonely lol not lonely dont know what word im looking for anyway lets just go with lonely.Its kind of lonely being the only one with a Plum headed parakeet and some people never even saw a picture of one before or knew it existed lol.It would be different for me if there was lots of videos of them online but theres not or not much information either.I would be so grateful to be able to talk to at least one person who owns one and share our experiences.Why exactly are these beautiful birds not popular?

Post subject: Re: Plum headed parakeets? Anybody
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:33 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
I am the only one here with a sun conure. It's ok. It just means that you have a duty to supply people with videos of plum headed parrots on YouTube. I don't see much of them online. You can also inform people on the species. I don't know why there are so few.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:41 pm 
Banned
Banned

CrazyConure wrote:
I am the only one here with a sun conure. It's ok. It just means that you have a duty to supply people with videos of plum headed parrots on YouTube. I don't see much of them online. You can also inform people on the species. I don't know why there are so few.

Its different for you though there are lots of Sun conure videos and information.Do you think I should make videos of him? Maybe when he is tame.What do u mean by inform people? Share pictures of him on forums tell people about him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:55 pm 
Conure
Conure

Yes. I meant you should continue your YouTube channel. I liked your videos and it would help a lot of people who are planning on getting Plums. And I also mean by sharing your experience with plums on forums.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:18 pm 
Banned
Banned

CrazyConure wrote:
Yes. I meant you should continue your YouTube channel. I liked your videos and it would help a lot of people who are planning on getting Plums. And I also mean by sharing your experience with plums on forums.

I think I should just make a new channel just about Plum heads but include my other birds.And sometimes do training videos and stuff like that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:35 pm 
Banned
Banned

Could I have some baby pictures of Rio? Someone on Avian avenue is trying to figure out if he has a Sun conure or a Jenday or a Sunday.Pictures of him younger and now would be great.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:59 pm 
Conure
Conure

Yes you can. I saw the thread. You can post this quote from me

Yes, I do think he looks like a sun conure, baby sun conures have a orange, green, and red face while Jendays have a plain yellow. The belly is also more green than bright red (like a Jenday). My sun looks exactly like him except he is starting to get some yellow on his back because he is going through a molt.

Here is a YouTube link on sun conure feather transformation *not my video*

https://youtu.be/xrvEao8wWXE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:07 pm 
Banned
Banned

Thank you.He is so lovely.My next bird will be either a Sun conure or a Indian ringneck.Most likely a ringneck as I will want it to live happily with Mango.Do you think Sun conures are aggressive towards other birds? I suppose if I got a baby they would be ok.4 birds is the maximum ill have right now lol but to be honest I would love to have just one bird lol but I cant exactly just throw them out and leave one because I love them all and adding to the flock just makes it better even though you would think it makes it worse.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:11 pm 
Conure
Conure

I don't have much experience with sun conures and other species. My Sun conure is very gentle, but a general rule is to stick with similar species. If Indian ringnecks can get along well with plums, then I would recommend that option. Also, Suns are VERY loud. I got my sun as a baby and raised him with no other Suns nearby which really helped lower his volume. But he still has his loud moments.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:15 pm 
Banned
Banned

CrazyConure wrote:
I don't have much experience with sun conures and other species. My Sun conure is very gentle, but a general rule is to stick with similar species. If Indian ringnecks can get along well with plums, then I would recommend that option. Also, Suns are VERY loud. I got my sun as a baby and raised him with no other Suns nearby which really helped lower his volume. But he still has his loud moments.

I dont mind loudness.Same with Tiko she makes no African grey sounds at all.I really like Mango he is such a lovely colour and has a great personality and I also like the Indian Ringnecks they look like good fun and are great talkers and just act funny.I think Mango acts kinda like a Caique.

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next