It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 am

Page 2 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Breeding Piper & Winter
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:13 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
Many's the time over the last three days I have wished I never started on this project.

Expanding the cage was a nightmare. Everything was okay, except attaching the top. It's supposed to "click" into these white plastic pieces you "snap" into the space between the top two cage bars. The plastic pieces do "snap" in, but then they are not i the right position to go into the spaces in the top of the cage. Grrrrr!!!

To fit into the holes in the top, these plastic pieces are supposed to be right up against the corner bar and extend out about 1/4", where they "click" into the ones on the adjacent corner. But, the pieces will "snap" into the center between the bars, but then they will not extend out the 1/4" as they should. When I try to "snap" them in at the very end, they refuse to "snap" because the bars are too tight there.

I have tried every tool i have to force those white plastic pieces where they are supposed to go, with success only on two of the corners. How I got those two in, I have no idea. My hands are bloody and sore. My back is also very sore.

I made four calls to the company, and got no help, except that I could return the cage to Amazon, and get another. The company has never heard of someone having such a problem before.

I really think it would be easier to build a cage from scratch.

In the end, I put the top on the cage and fastened it with zip ties. I am now drained and trying to recover. I want to get back my optimism and excitement about giving Piper and Winter this new cage with the new nestbox.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
That's too bad. Do you think that the one you got might have been defective?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:04 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
I actually had a return call from someone at Vision this afternoon. I was out, but she left a message with her office phone and her cell phone. I will talk to her tomorrow. It did take a lot of calls to get through to anyone, but I am feeling a bit better about the company. A lot of companies today make a secret of their customer service phone number, and also don't staff it properly. In the case of Vision, I had given up on the customer service number at Vision and keyed in the number for retailers. I got a more prompt call back from the number for retailers, but the person there couldn't help me. But, he did take the message and gave it to customer service. That was a big help, because the phone queue for customer service didn't allow me to leave a voice mail and no one ever picked up. I generally don't wait on hold for more than three minutes. I set a timer, and then just hang up. Otherwise, it's just too frustrating, especially because I don't have a speaker phone, and I pay for minutes.

I am generally a person who is calm about things. But, problems with things that don't go together as they should can really get me worked up.

The next step is to somehow get Piper and Winter (Mr. and Mrs. Budgie) into the new cage, without Emma (Miss Cockatiel) seeing the nest box. I kind of have to wait for a "golden opportunity". That would be Emma and Silver in the big cage while Piper and Winter are out. Then, I can close up the big cage and lure the budgies into the new cage.

Page 2 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2