Post subject: Princess parrot reviews.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:37 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Carolyn, this ones for you.

What is your experience with POW? What did you expect behavior wise before you bought him, and what did you actually experience. How are they different to cockatiels. I think they are so pretty and I want to learn more about them though peoples personal experience. :)

Post subject: Re: Princess parrot reviews.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Princess parrots are considered to be more of an aviary bird than a pet-quality bird, but Dweezil has turned out to have a lot of pet quality. They have a reputation for being quiet, but he's noisier and more assertive than I expected, without being totally obnoxious about it. He sings a lot and makes it sound like a jungle in here lol, and he likes to jump on my shoulder and root around in my hair. Unlike cockatiels they are not a bird that appreciates head scritches, but I can kiss him on his coral pink beak, and lightly tap him on the head and say "boop", which he thinks is rather interesting. He likes to throw stuff off the top of the cage and off of table tops which is funny (sometimes). He also likes to dunk food in the water bowl, which is annoying.

The cockatiels are slightly intimidated by him, but they all get along fairly well. Sometimes when a tiel is feeling assertive it'll tell him where to get off, and this morning one of the babies (not quite weaned yet) was not letting him share the millet spray. It was funny. It's a blast having him around.

Post subject: Re: Princess parrot reviews.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:34 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Aww. I’m so glad you are having a fun time with him. I feel like I got a better understanding of princess parrots, so I appreciate your response!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]