Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Some photos of the flock
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
That's an ordinary, not-super-expensive camera, but it's really GREAT with the flight shots.

My problem is that I can't anticipate when and where the birds are going to fly well enough to get the camera focused before they fly into the viewfinder. By the time I figure out where they're going to go, they're already gone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:33 pm 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Gave happy chirps: 0 time
Got happy chirps: 4 times
the photos i get on this camera are very good

i usually stand a bit away and watch the birds carefully. watch their body language. you can tell when theyre about to take off. sometimes i miss, sometimes they get cut off, other times theyre blurry, or a do get them good. cropping after you take a photo helps too. i can take 10 flight shots and maybe 1 or 2 turn out. tiels are easier than lovebirds. theyre slower fliers and their wings dont beat as fast. lovebirds are little rockets lol

try taking the photo a few seconds BEFORE you think your bird will fly. you never know, as they can be unpredictable. im very camera happy and take over 200 photos a day, i have to empty a 4GB memory card at least once a week.

i asked my dad for this camera for my birthday. its better than my old one, it only cost $90! extra bonus, its green!! green is my favourite colour :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Quote:
im very camera happy and take over 200 photos a day

Wow!! I am NOWHERE close to that. How do you find the time to do anything else? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:19 pm 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

i sleep little. the nights i get more than 5 hours sleep is when i work lol i have a sleeping disorder so i have trouble sleeping. i get 5 hours sleep, i cant sleep if im not tired so i generally stay up, but this schedule allows me to do a lot of things with my day. i also multitask. camera goes with me when i let birds out, when i go for walks.... also doesnt help i dont work much. i work maybe 10 hours a week at best... so i make bird toys to help with the low income as well. generally i got a lot of time on my hands. speaking of which i do need to go to bed myself because i got work tomorrow. gotta be up early lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:12 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
Casey wrote:
i sleep little. the nights i get more than 5 hours sleep is when i work lol i have a sleeping disorder so i have trouble sleeping. i get 5 hours sleep, i cant sleep if im not tired so i generally stay up, but this schedule allows me to do a lot of things with my day. i also multitask. camera goes with me when i let birds out, when i go for walks.... also doesnt help i dont work much. i work maybe 10 hours a week at best... so i make bird toys to help with the low income as well. generally i got a lot of time on my hands. speaking of which i do need to go to bed myself because i got work tomorrow. gotta be up early lol

can you post photos of other things you took 2? maybe in the general chit chat area

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:10 pm 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

sure, ill get some of my photography up :) some is with my old camera though

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2