Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: trouble face
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:54 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
I noticed that when Lucy's about to do something mischevious, she seems to have a certain look. It's a "look cute and innocent" kind of pose, as she decides on how she is going to destroy whatever in her path.
So far, I've caught it on camera twice. First was during an attempt for an orchid photoshoot:
That was literally two seconds before she started to eat them.
Second one was while inspecting the pieces to the playstand. Guess she thought it was something she was not allowed to play with.
Joke's on her, considering I got it soecifically for her and Alex. :lol:

Alex too has a "trouble face". It's basically a "try to look as baby-ish as possible" kind of look. Funny enough, he made that face during his first night.
The feathers around his beak get a little more fluffy than that nowadays.
If I had known that would be his expression when he's about to do something crazy, I would have seen that as an omen.

Do any of your birds have a certain expression or gesture that they make when they're feeling mischevious? I know some bird's eyes pin, and some get all fluffy around their face. Sometimes there's just a look in their eyes.
If your bird has a "trouble face", go ahead and describe it. If you have pictures, that's even better! :D

Post subject: Re: trouble face
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:09 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
This expression cannot be anything good.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:14 pm 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
Its like Loki has all her plans picked for the next day before she sleeps lol she just goes ahead and does something and when I say no she waits for me to stop looking at her and goes back to chewing something she's not allowed.Yesterday she tried pulling the hooks off the toy that was keeping her on it lol if she succeeded she would just fall lol but I don't think she would be strong enough to pull a hook from the ceiling.

Rocko is the one in the flock who is well behaved and has never gotten into trouble he is so sweet and kind.And Mango he minds his own business and does his own thing he is very well behaved too and shares his food and Loki is always bickering lol.Tiko likes to get up to mischief too lol it seems its the Females who get up to the most mischief lol.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Shodu's trouble face is basically any time her eyes are open lol.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:23 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
Zorro only makes this "what im not doing anything " face after i tell him no when hes being naughty. Especially when hes trying to jump on my tv. He knows better.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:30 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
Revisiting this old thread because I noticed something when looking back at some of Lucy's baby pictures that Carolyn sent me a long time ago.

So when Lucy's looking for trouble, she tilts her head back and tries to look cute, as if she's trying to set a false sense of security by looking innocent.

Could just be a coincidence with how chicks hold their heads sometimes (especially since 2/3 pictures show her almost looking directly at the camera too), but it looks like she could've been ready to cause trouble ever since she opened her eyes. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Chicks tilt their heads up a lot (when they don't have their faces plonked down in the nestbox bedding). It's probably a balance issue - they don't have good control of their bodies, and they have a huge heavy crop trying to drag them forward and down. Once their eyes open, they're frequently looking up at me while I take their picture so they have a different reason to tilt their head.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]