Should I get anther parakeet for Olivia
 Yes 
 No 
 Maybe 
 I would wait 
 Olivia could be fine with anther friend 
You may select up to 2 options

View results

Post subject: What do think should,I get Olivia a friend?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:48 pm 
Finch
Finch

Name: Tohru
Gave happy chirps: 14 times
Got happy chirps: 4 times
Olivia seem to like having a friend with her. Her cage is big for another parakeet friend. Sunny is old and cranky, she does not want to come out of her cage any more. What do you think? By the way she went on my finger for 25 mins yahoo. :)

Post subject: Re: What do think should,I get Olivia a friend?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
It depends, really. There's never any guarantee that two birds will like each other, although they'll develop a flock bond with each other no matter what. So the real question is, would YOU like to have another bird? Will you be happy to have it even if it doesn't get along with Olivia? If the answer is yes, then go for it. If the answer is no, don't go for it. If you're not sure, wait a while and think about it some more until you ARE sure.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:04 pm 
Finch
Finch

tielfan wrote:
It depends, really. There's never any guarantee that two birds will like each other, although they'll develop a flock bond with each other no matter what. So the real question is, would YOU like to have another bird? Will you be happy to have it even if it doesn't get along with Olivia? If the answer is yes, then go for it. If the answer is no, don't go for it. If you're not sure, wait a while and think about it some more until you ARE sure.

I was thinking because she like being with other birds. Plus alone and I would her to have a friend. And when I get my new parakeet I wait 30 days before putting them together .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Does she stay in the same room with Meka and Sunny? If she does, then she already has come companionship with other birds.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:17 pm 
Finch
Finch

tielfan wrote:
Does she stay in the same room with Meka and Sunny? If she does, then she already has come companionship with other birds.

She in the same room,she can not see them,she hear them. Plus Meka and Olivia do not get along. Meka got in a fight with her. It was a beck to beck fight. I stop them. Sunny old,she 21,she will be 22 and not sure how long Sunny has to live. She up there. She give me a hard time to come out. That another thing why I want aother bird. I know tiel are suppose to live for 12=15 year old and she 21.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you want another bird for yourself that's a good reason to get one.

It's best to keep Meka and Olivia apart if they don't get along, but it's OK to let them see each other while they're in their cages. Even birds that don't like each other will come to feel like they're members of the same flock, and they won't want to be too far apart from each other. This is called the flock bond. They also won't want to be too close together lol.

Cockatiels can actually live for 30 years or more, although most of them don't last that long. But it's fairly common for them to live for 20-25 years with good care. If Sunny seems to be basically healthy it's possible that you might have her for a few more years. She might be more willing to come out of the cage if you tempt her with treats.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:28 pm 
Finch
Finch

tielfan wrote:
If you want another bird for yourself that's a good reason to get one.

It's best to keep Meka and Olivia apart if they don't get along, but it's OK to let them see each other while they're in their cages. Even birds that don't like each other will come to feel like they're members of the same flock, and they won't want to be too far apart from each other. This is called the flock bond. They also won't want to be too close together lol.

Cockatiels can actually live for 30 years or more, although most of them don't last that long. But it's fairly common for them to live for 20-25 years with good care. If Sunny seems to be basically healthy it's possible that you might have her for a few more years. She might be more willing to come out of the cage if you tempt her with treats.

Thanks I know Sunny cranky,I will try. I keep you up date, I may get the parakeet around 3 to 4 month. Its cold out. I want to wait until,I have the money and wait for to get a little warm.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]