Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: My flock is hormonal!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:30 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
I brought Marshmallow inside the house so we can have her birthday breakfast and she had a few bites but she only wanted to be on my shoulder, so I let her stay there and all of a sudden I started hearing peeping sounds! I look at her and she is doing the female mating position!
I went to put her back in the aviary and when I let her perch I see Shodu coming off of Cloudia's back! Yes, they were mating, I think I scared them off when I was returning Marahmallow back to the aviary!

I have 2 hormonal girls and this is my second time seeing Cloudia and Shodu mate, I don't think Shodu knows how to mate but I think he learned but I can't be too sure since I only saw them for 10 milliseconds.

What in the world should I do? I can't possibly have them mating now since I have school. This is so annoying

Post subject: Re: My flock is hormonal!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:45 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
This is the time of year that cockatiels get 'in the mood'. If you can't implement hormone control techniques right now, I'd suggest making a temporary wire partition in the aviary to keep the boys and girls apart. At least any eggs that get laid won't be fertile. You can remove the partition later if you want to.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]