It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: What I LOOOVE to do with my birds...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:51 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
When it rains I like to bring one of my birds inside the house and snuggle with them. It's pouring right now, so when I went outside to bring one in I see Marshmallow and Rio on the door looking for me. I brought Marshmallow home. She is preening herself on me while I watch TV with my family.

What do you guys love to do with your birds?

Post subject: Re: What I LOOOVE to do with my birds...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:09 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
This:
phpBB [video]

I'm terrible.

If you want a compassionate answer, I like to touch and kiss them and be repaid by hair preening (Beaker) and bites (Jaid).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Pet them on their fuzzy heads of course. Feed them treats from my hand. It's fun to just sit and watch them too, which usually ends up with several of them flying to me for some personal attention.

There are some special things for the ones who don't accept scritches. With Henry I kiss him on the head a bunch of times and say "Oh Henry". He loves that. Elvis and Azazel were completely wild when I got them and they're still not super fond of humans. But if I whistle a tune for them they'll start whistling too before long. They want to resist but they can't lol.

Vlad accepts scritchies of course - he's competing with Snowy for the title of "biggest scritchie ho in the house". But he's got a special routine too. Several years ago, the orchestra I'm in had a guest singer who sang a song called "Meine Lippen sie kussen so heiss" which is German for "my lips they kiss so hot". I changed the words to "Meine Tielen sie kussen so heiss" and I sing it to Vlad, with a kiss on the head at every pause. Sometimes Henry gets a piece of the action too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:51 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
Well, none of mine allow me to scratch their heads. I've been trying! The best I can do is play a game with Silver where I get about ten inches away from him and, saying "do do do do do" I gradually bring my nose close to his beak. Last couple of days he has actually let my nose touch his beak briefly. That's fun. He seems to be interested in the game.

Another thing I like to do with them is mist them, because they like it so much and get into such interesting positions, like trying to get the mist under their wings.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Lately Vlad and I have been having Sudoku Wars, where I try to do a Sudoku puzzle while he tries to eat my pencil lead. It's funny for about two minutes and then I take him back to the bird room so I can finish in peace. These battles greatly reduce the odds of me getting the right answer lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:19 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
Drummer luvs to be cuddled up in my hands, or better still in a soft towel and cuddled.. he purrs, just like a cat.. he'll sit for ages like this...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:10 am 
Finch
Finch

Gave happy chirps: 47 times
Got happy chirps: 10 times
Smokey who I lost loved to play a whistle game with me, he would whistle and I would whistle the same thing back. He also liked out of his cage late at night and he would sit with me for a while and then go back to his cage. On occasion he would sleep with me perched on my arm or soulder all night.

Bitsy and Roscoe both like to me held against my lip getting rubs on their head and under their beak. they love to perch on my shoulder as I work about the house.

Snowfake will step up but no sritches but she likes to be kissed on her belly. She will fly to me and sit on my shoulder

Bitsy out of all of them LOVES water. I can't let anything in the sink with water in it because she would eventually end up in it. er favorite bath is at the sink where I spray her with a fine mist. So when I am at the sink she is too.

I too love to watch them fly and move about the house. It has been really interesting to watch them as a flock. Before the 2 babies left, they would all sleep on the tinest corner perch, all piled together. There was a bigger corner perch at the same level but they liked the little one.

I also love to listen to them talk to each other and call to one another when one wonders off. But it is so much quieter now with only 3.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:45 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Barbara
Gave happy chirps: 494 times
Got happy chirps: 115 times
I found an enormous red armchair in a Charity Shop when I first moved here, and I put it in the Brd Room. It's so comfy I can sleep in it, really huge.
Anyway I prepare a crunchy treat and put it in a bag, take my kindle and go sit there.
As soon as I start making noise with the paper, the birds are all excited waiting to see what's in the bag, and fly to me at different distances based on tameness.
When we're all set I start giving out the goodies, and while they make a mess with the crumbs I read.
I love doing this in the late afternoon, sometimes I nap and they all nap too... The gumming noise s very loud, imagine 9 little beaks happily grinding away :D It puts them in the right state of mind for bed time, and I'm in heaven all covered in birds and crumbs :cheery:

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]