Page 1 of 5 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Birdie Sleep Over
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:12 pm 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
Rocko and Loki are staying in my room tonight I put food and water and a bathing tub on their stand they will be sleeping on.I hope they use the bathing tub.They can also fly to the swing if they wanna sleep on that instead.This is mainly a test to see how they would do in a bird room.

Post subject: Re: Birdie Sleep Over
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
It'll be safest for them to sleep in a cage. It's dangerous to have fully flighted birds crashing into the walls at full speed during a night fright. My birds are at liberty in the bird room for most of the day, but at night they have to sleep in a cage.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:34 pm 
Banned
Banned

tielfan wrote:
It'll be safest for them to sleep in a cage. It's dangerous to have fully flighted birds crashing into the walls at full speed during a night fright. My birds are at liberty in the bird room for most of the day, but at night they have to sleep in a cage.

Thats the whole point in having a bird room so thats their living space.They are already sleeping and they never have night frights they only have had 2 and that was because of mice which are gone from my room.Also they are good flyers in my room even with the lights off.Mango is also out sleeping on the swing.Im awake a few hours since I turned the lights off and they are doing ok.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:45 pm 
Banned
Banned

Rocko has actually never ever had a night fright since he lived here 2014

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
It only has to happen once for it to end in tragedy. Night frights are bad enough in a cage. It can be worse when they're not in a cage.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:05 pm 
Banned
Banned

tielfan wrote:
It only has to happen once for it to end in tragedy. Night frights are bad enough in a cage. It can be worse when they're not in a cage.

If they did have a night fright they wouldn't get hurt they know their way around the room in the dark and can see there are street lights outside and comes through the window so they can see.Lots of people that have bird rooms don't put their birds in cages at night and they don't have any problems.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:25 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
They also don't sleep in those bird rooms either. Even if they don't kill themselves hitting walls, there is still the chance of one landing on your bed. All it would take is for you to roll over on top of said bird while you're asleep.

My sister did that once with her cockatiel. Sometimes they can survive being crushed by something more than 100 times their size, but her bird wasn't as lucky...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:30 pm 
Banned
Banned

JessiMuse wrote:
They also don't sleep in those bird rooms either. Even if they don't kill themselves hitting walls, there is still the chance of one landing on your bed. All it would take is for you to roll over on top of said bird while you're asleep.

My sister did that once with her cockatiel. Sometimes they can survive being crushed by something more than 100 times their size, but her bird wasn't as lucky...

I dont move in my sleep and they never fly on to my bed also the sun would start coming up so they would definitely see im always up half the night most of the time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:53 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
Sometimes it really pays to take the advice of those with more experience. You cannot really be certain of some of the things you are saying.

As an example, my husband and I had an infestation of flies in our basement. He wanted to use an insecticide labeled for outdoor use. We argued about it for some time. He said he was going to put an exhaust fan on, and it would be the same as if it was used outside.

He insisted on spraying. The next day one of our cats got deathly sick. It did recover, after a vet visit, but was never the same. It was blind in one eye, lost weight, and died. It turned out that the insecticide contained toxic heavy particles that dropped to the floor, despite the fan. My husband thought this would never happen.

I know you are talking about a different situation here. But, things we think will never happen sometimes do.

Of course, they are your birds, and you get to decide. I don't mean to offend you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:55 am 
Banned
Banned

Well it went well last night they were fine in the morning they just flew down to Mango's cage for breakfast.Rocko is sneezing though since yesterday.Once I actually start my bird room they will be without cages they will only have one cage to share for food and a few toys in there too.

Page 1 of 5 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next