Post subject: Re: Birdie Sleep Over
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:14 pm 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
tielfan wrote:
Happy huts are more appropriate for some species than others. They're not good for cockatiels because they stimulate breeding urges. This is less of an issue for birds that sleep in their nest holes all year long. But there have been a lot of injuries and deaths related to happy huts that developed holes and loose strings, so a lot of people don't like them at all. You have to be very careful with them and check them frequently for damage.

I don't have happy huts and I know my Cockatiels wouldn't touch one anyway I also know they can be dangerous and how to prevent that.I only made a hammock type thing for Mango it has no roof so you can see into it.There are actually pictures on one of my threads.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:15 pm 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
And Mel if I did put them in cages I don't need a flight cage I already have a cage there would be no point buying a bigger cage if its only gonna be used for sleeping.Their cage door now is always open they only go in to play with toys and get water.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:29 pm 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
tielfan wrote:
Happy huts are more appropriate for some species than others. They're not good for cockatiels because they stimulate breeding urges. This is less of an issue for birds that sleep in their nest holes all year long. But there have been a lot of injuries and deaths related to happy huts that developed holes and loose strings, so a lot of people don't like them at all. You have to be very careful with them and check them frequently for damage.

Yeah zorro sleeps in one n wpuld b uoset if i took it out. Probably going to order him kind thats not fleece when i can. Its from aus tho. And its for conure so gotta make sure its not to tiny. I inspect it when tedo his cage so twice month. Plus hes usually only in his cage when im playing games for 3hrs n i watch him. Or when not home. I did remove rope on it.

Page 5 of 5 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5