Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
coco wrote:
Brandon's-Fids wrote:
coco wrote:
All the posts/ threads from this OP end this way! "OP" refutes every and all questions and advice, I am sensing OP is purposefully trying to inflame! is this not considered Trolling... with all due respect, why does everybody feel that they have to coddle this( their is a pattern going on here) disruptive behavior. Age has nothing to do with being rude and argumentative. In my humble opinion, OP is deriving pleasure from all the attention getting. Just my observation, :parrotputer:

Your new here right? You don't know me and don't be judging people you don't know We are all friends here why would I enjoy having arguments with my friends? I get great advice here but theres also advice I don't have to agree with.

Yes I am ... I can read..."in your words"=(I get great advice here but there's also advice I don't have to agree with). With all due respect, you disagree with everything. "I agree with you" that they are your friends, and they exhibit profound patience with you, that is a gesture of true friendship. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for you reaching out to them, in appreciation of their thoughtful time and energy . Which is most unfortunate for anyone trying to have a pleasant exchange of points of view "[with you]", on this message board. :confused1:

Respectfully... I am not judging, merely observing, and stating my point of view, which I find you have great difficulty with allowing others to have. :shock:

Thats not true I dont disagree with everything if I did I wouldn't have ever got help with things.

Post subject: Re: I need serious help
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:16 pm 
Banned
Banned

JessiMuse wrote:
How is that in any way bad advice? You would be very selfish to NOT do what's best, because then the animal would be suffering.

She didn't say "give up your birds", she said "do what's best". If you are capable of giving your birds what they need, then go ahead and keep them! If you are capable of providing what they need and then some without rehoming them, then you're ALREADY doing what's best. Some people have had to rehome animals because they could not provide for them, and they felt that there was someone out there who could give said animal a better life. After all, that is what you did for Rio, right?

I think what Mel said is bad advice because I never said I couldn't care for them I was talking about dogs and birds and she was basically saying if you think you want a dog re home the birds if you think its best and thats wrong you cant get a dog and get rid of your birds.Whats best is the birds with me obviously so thats not selfish.And no thats not what I did for Rio I could take care of him I just couldn't keep him because he was a danger to the others.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Conversations with Brandon DO tend to get out of hand, and from what I've seen it happens on every board that he belongs to. He tends to ignore inconvenient realities and argues with anyone who tries to warn him, and a lot of people find this attitude to be annoying. In this case the inconvenient realities include the fact that his family would have trouble affording a dog right now, and he's looking at a specific dog that the current owners say is nervous and hates baths. But he's going to do what he wants whether it makes sense or not, so you may as well tell him once and then ignore him instead of trying to talk sense into him.

Brandon, why not just wait until your father gets a job? Dogs will still be available then and the family will have a lot more financial security instead of having to struggle. Personally I would prefer a dog with a stable temperament over one that's high strung, but if you think a nervous dog is a good addition to the family then go for it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:29 pm 
Banned
Banned

Nobody gives me a chance to say anything instead of talking about this I have to argue back and correct you which I shouldn't have to do.Carolyn you are right and I already chose another dog, a Beagle there is one for adoption and I made a request for him and I did research about them too.Why wait until my dad gets a job? I don't want to because its not easy to get a dog here there aren't many for adoption and I want a Beagle and if im able to afford its care thats good so I can look after it.By the way a dog is a benefit to the birds too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:44 pm 
Egg
Egg

Gave happy chirps: 17 times
Got happy chirps: 1 time
tielfan wrote:
Conversations with Brandon DO tend to get out of hand, and from what I've seen it happens on every board that he belongs to. He tends to ignore inconvenient realities and argues with anyone who tries to warn him, and a lot of people find this attitude to be annoying. In this case the inconvenient realities include the fact that his family would have trouble affording a dog right now, and he's looking at a specific dog that the current owners say is nervous and hates baths. But he's going to do what he wants whether it makes sense or not, so you may as well tell him once and then ignore him instead of trying to talk sense into him.

Brandon, why not just wait until your father gets a job? Dogs will still be available then and the family will have a lot more financial security instead of having to struggle. Personally I would prefer a dog with a stable temperament over one that's high strung, but if you think a nervous dog is a good addition to the family then go for it.
Thank you, for seeing the other side of this, I am most appreciative of your sense of fairness, and yes, Brandon is on many Parrot Message Boards, kicking up dust. very frustrating trying to be of help to someone who refuses to take advice, even when he is asking for it. then comes to his own conclusions, and gets sarcastic and never once have I read from him, "thank you". I know full well what he does because I see the same threads on every message board. Once again thank you for your understanding. :muchlove:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:48 pm 
Banned
Banned

Yes that's true I never said thank you but I am am thankful of the help I get and actually your wrong I'm only on two other forums the parrot wizards one which I am not really active on and never had any problems and avian avenue which is great and a moderator knows there are a few members there trying to push my buttons but I don't let them

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:51 pm 
Banned
Banned

Also what you all consider rude or sarcastic would be different to the way I see it because I'm in Ireland and would speak differently.I do take advice but if someone for example told me to not feed pellets that they are bad then obviously I'm not gonna take that advice because I don't agree and if you think I disagree with a lot of stuff which is not true so what I can disagree if I want to.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Quote:
instead of talking about this I have to argue back and correct you which I shouldn't have to do.

Thinking that you have to argue back is where most of the problem comes from, especially when people say something sensible and you argue with them. There were never any arguments on this group before you joined, and you've been involved in every argument that's occurred in the group since you joined.

This is the second time that an "everybody else versus Brandon" argument has broken out, and this is NOT the kind of atmosphere that I want to have in this group. So I'm sorry but you need to learn how to mellow out and not be so argumentative if you want to stay here, because you're the reason that these arguments are breaking out. I know you need advice and it seems like you want to socialize with people too, so I've been reluctant to be too harsh. But the problem has been getting worse lately. You've been banned on multiple boards (either permanently or temporarily) for causing problems in other places, so it's not just the people here who have a hard time talking to you. My first responsibility is to make sure that this group feels like a comfortable friendly place for everyone, and that can't happen with all this arguing going on.

And now this thread is closed. This is the first time that I've ever had to close a thread on this group. I'm a "free speech" type of person, and when I start closing threads it means the situation has gotten pretty bad.

Page 6 of 6 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6