Page 1 of 6 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: I need serious help
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:06 pm 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
Im so lost and I don't know what to do, I love parrots I really do and I can't I would never give them up but I feel a very strong need for a dog and if that Westie comes to us we will take him but my mam is low on money at the moment since my dad moved to England to get a job and cant give my mam money until he gets a job and me and my sisters get money too and we would help pay for the dogs stuff but I have been having strong thoughts of two different lives one life is me with just dogs and the other is a life of Parrots and its confusing me.I would love if there was a way to make more money, I do have a small business I am known as the Dublin Parrot Trainer and I tame and train parrots and really I love the work and I love helping the birds.And I know its destiny that lead me to own parrots and thats why I am so confused as to why I have a strong pull towards dogs all of a sudden, I am also smelling dog food lately and I read that means your loved one is around, you know someone who passed away which in this case could be Roxie or Rocky two Jack russells I had, My little sister a few weeks ago had a perfume smell following her everywhere and my Mams mother passed away.I think maybe I am supposed to be a dog owner again as I feel I am the blame for both their deaths I mean we always had to let them out to go toilet because I was too lazy to bring them for walks or the weather wasnt good and its my fault and after Roxie died and we were getting Rocky I promised my mam I would always look after him and take him for walks and then he ended up dead and I miss him so much.Even then I had both budgies and a dog so I think I could handle it again and this time be a better owner.It was actually a little green Parrotlet named Chewie who led me to Rio and then Rio to Mango see how Destiny works its amazing and I believe in it, keep reading on if you wanna learn how Chewie led me to Rio, ok so Chewie was a Parrotlet that I was Bird sitting and I was suppose to clip his wings too and I didn't want to but when he arrived to me I saw his wings were already clipped and I told his owner well anyways back to the story, The day came when Chewie was going back home and we had so much fun together I was sad he was going and I was thinking am I gonna get attached to all my customers lol, well Chewies owner was supposed to be selling me a Parrotlet because after Chewie going I really wanted one but he never showed up and he didn't answer his phone or reply to my messages, My Aunt who owns Cracker was also supposed to get one from him which later she actually did get a Parrotlet from someone else and then rehomed him.So after I didnt get a Parrotlet I saw a nice blue masked lovebird for Adoption and he had a Cracked beak, you could see his nostrils and everything, so I went to the house and the woman told me a little about him and I took him home, he settled in fast and the next day I was eating a sandwich and he flew on top of my head and took a bite from my sandwich and flew back to his cage to eat it.A few hours later I took him to the vet just to get checked and I asked about his beak and they said it would cause him pain to get it filled in and I took him home.After a few weeks he started getting comfy with Tiko and they were feeding each other and then Rio went to attacking the Cockatiels and hurting Rocko especially and then he was attacking Tiko beak to beak and I couldn't let him get hurt by Tiko or the Cockatiels be hurt by him so I had to do what was right and rehome him, if we had the space we have now he could have been just put in a different room.Just before I rehomed Rio I decided to look for another bird and thats when I met the lovely unknown purple headed parrot he was lovely and I was almost going home with a budgie but I guess destiny made me leave with a travel cage instead and so after a few days almost coming up to my birthday I was doing research about Plum heads and I wanted him and my mam said she would get him for my birthday and I was so excited and the next day I got him and the minute we got home I gave him a nice shower.One day two men came to my house they were interested in taking Rio and were offering low amounts of money and Rocko was on my shoulder at the front door and they said what about him and I said he is not for sale and they said you can just get another and I said no so I sent them away they were obviously not the right people for Rio, So in the end I put Rio up for Adoption and a lovely family took him.This has been such a long story lol and I could go on but I think I got most of it covered :)

Post subject: Re: I need serious help
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
I always think that when you don't know what to do, the best thing is to not do anything until you know what you want to do. I don't believe in destiny - there are a lot of things in life that are out of our control, but a lot of it is also the choices that we make leading us to new experiences which influences the opportunities that we have next and gives us a new set of choices to make. So take your time, try to relax, and think about what you really want the most. If something is really your destiny it will happen no matter what you do to try to stop it lol.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:30 pm 
Banned
Banned

What you just said is Destiny lol choices, if I made the choice to keep Rio my destiny would be changed and I would not have Mango and I probably would never have even seen Mango.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:52 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
Life has its twists and turns.... sometimes we can be right in our choices, sometimes wrong, its all a learning curb...
If money is short them maybe the time isn't right for another pet.... you've years ahead of you yet....if dogs are your destiny then it will happen, when the time is right...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:31 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
Just do what you think is best for them. Even is thats not with you. My old caique i rehomed because i knew she deserved better life then the one i could provide 4 her. It wasent easy, but i did what was best 4 her not what was easiest 4 me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:17 am 
Banned
Banned

Mel wrote:
Just do what you think is best for them. Even is thats not with you. My old caique i rehomed because i knew she deserved better life then the one i could provide 4 her. It wasent easy, but i did what was best 4 her not what was easiest 4 me.

I never knew you had a Caique before.Best for who? The birds? I would never re home them not ever taking care of them is easy I care for them with my own money what im talking about is a dog, my mam is still not over losing Rocky and plus she's short on money at the moment and I was thinking of caring for the dog myself until my mam is ready but I dont think I would have the money to care for a dog.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:50 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
I would give a lot of weight to the money issue. Lack of sufficient money can cause a lot of stress and affect all the relationships in the family. Dogs can be very expensive.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:00 am 
Banned
Banned

Dianne wrote:
I would give a lot of weight to the money issue. Lack of sufficient money can cause a lot of stress and affect all the relationships in the family. Dogs can be very expensive.

I know all that

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:05 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Then don't get the dog. You have many birds that need your attention right now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:16 am 
Banned
Banned

CrazyConure wrote:
Then don't get the dog. You have many birds that need your attention right now.

Dont get what dog? If the man does give us the Westie we will be taking him because we can take care of him but if we didn't get him and I got a dog myself I would be the only one caring for it and I couldn't.And attention is not a problem money is the problem, the birds get plenty of attention.

Page 1 of 6 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next