Post subject: Re: I need serious help
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:16 am 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
Jan wrote:
I thought the issue was ,getting a dog, and no money spare.
You've answered your own question....

No spare money...... no dog!
When people have money problems to add another pet to the equation, is just madness...

Thats not the problem I said if I get a dog thats mine only I probably wont be able to care for it but if it was a family pet everybody would be looking after it so I could get a dog.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:23 am 
Banned
Banned

Ok so I have everything planned and I also saw another Westie to be rehomed the owner was completely honest with me and she said he is a very anxious and nervous dog and he hates baths and the vet, ill get the actual message.So if I was to get this dog I can go visit him and see what he is like and I am going to stop spending so much money on the birds for a while and that will leave me with enough money to buy food and other supplies for the dog and when my mam gets back on track she can start helping out caring for the dog and I am also making a new website for my Parrot training business because I forgot the password off my old one and its connected to a old email, so ill be starting to train birds again as I did stop for a while and the money I make from training birds I will give my mam some money too until my dad gets a job in England.My older sister also gets her own money and she will help out with the dog too, she has been wanting another dog for a long time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:29 am 
Banned
Banned

Hi I'm looking for a Westie.Has he by any chance got a brother named Bruno? He is 4 years old too and is being re homed, his owner is visiting someone next week and said if they don't take him that I can but just in case I have been looking for other westies needing new homes.Can you tell me a bit about Randy?
mon 9:44 pm Bronwyn
I'm going to be 100% honest, we love him but he is a little crazy. We take him on holidays and everything with us because he's a nervous little thing. He's trained and he is quiet enough but he hate the bath and the vet so it's a big production to do both. I have a 1 year old and a 2 & 1/2 year old boys and the older fella is starting to chase him a lot and I'm
nervous when the other fella starts walking and they gang up on him it could go wrong. You'd have to meet him to see yourself he's just anxious but if he gets scared he would bite. Feel free to come and meet him.
mon 10:10 pm
How is he around birds? We have 4 parrots living in the house 1 large and 3 smaller ones.I know Westies have a high prey drive.Are you his first owner? What made him hate baths, will he bite if you try to bathe him.Im sure with a good amount of training he can be a happy little dog again.
today 2:33 am Bronwyn
Yes we are the first owner, we got him when he was 8 weeks. Nothing happened him but year on year he got more nervous. I used to be able to bath him but now he starts shaking if you mention it. He had 2 bad experiences at the vet but that's it. He might bark at the parrots.....he barks at the magpies!
today 7:22 am
We had a Westie before his name was Max and we only had 1 parrot at the time and they got on ok.Im sure he will like baths again.When would be a good time to visit him? Does he come with all his supplies?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:08 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
Quote:
and when my mam gets back on track

No offense, but if your personal life and family isn't on "track" you should not get another pet, especially a long term commitment pet like a dog.

Quote:
I am going to stop spending so much money on the birds for a while and that will leave me with enough money to buy food and other supplies for the dog

Dogs are much more expensive than birds. If you have to stop supplying your birds with the basics, do NOT get a more more financially needy animal, like a dog. And BTW, dogs need need a lot of exercise. It's not like a bird where you put them in a cage when you are done, dogs will follow you wherever you go and NOT leave you alone. MM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:46 am 
Banned
Banned

I like bringing dogs for walks and I like that they follow you everywhere I had dogs before I know how expensive they are.By on track I meant my mam hasn't got much money at the moment that doesn't mean I cant get a dog I am the one who is caring for it not her.And obviously I have to get the birds food but they dont need more flight suits and hoodies and accessories to stay alive now do they? The dog comes with all his supplies all I have to do is buy more food when its all gone and start saving for dog vet.And my life isn't off track and I never said it was.Some of the things your saying are things a person who never had a dog would say but I did have dogs I know they need to go for walks obviously and I have lots of time to do all that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:07 am 
Conure
Conure

You're right. I don't have a dog, and I never had one but I have done a lot of research on them to know enough that dogs are not an easy pet. Who will bathe him? Are you going to neuter or spay him or her? What will happen is he messes up the furniture? Is he house broken? Are you willing to take him outside every couple of hours to let him use the bathroom? How about grooming? Westies don't shed their fur, you will have to with take him to a groomer every couple of weeks to months to trim his fur. How about fleas and ticks? It costs money to remove them as well. How about annual vaccines for rabies? I know you had dogs before but you clearly said they didn't have a pleasant death. There's more to dogs than feeding them. You also never mentioned about how you're going to prevent the dog from getting to the birds. That can cause injury and more money for vet bills for the birds injuries.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:32 am 
Banned
Banned

The dog wont be allowed in my bedroom at all.I will bathe him your speaking as if thats hard to do.And he is already neutered.He is a house dog and doesn't mess with furniture and yes of course ill be bringing him out for walks all the time.And Westies actually do shed just not much and I will be able to get him groomed for free in Kinsealy pet shop.And you can get treatment for Fleas and Ticks it doesn't cost much.We never got annual vaccines for our dogs and my mam had a German shepherd who died of cancer and he was obviously at the vet all the time because of it, Vet costs don't really matter to anyone if they really care about their pet they will just pay it.Anyway if I can look after a dog and have the money to then I can get one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:36 am 
Conure
Conure

If you don't want our opinions and decided to do what you want even though we gave you advice, then why did you title this thread "I need serious HELP"

Yes, I did bold the 'help' on purpose. You ask for advice, we gave you it, and you don't listen. What's the point then?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:54 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
CrazyConure wrote:
If you don't want our opinions and decided to do what you want even though we gave you advice, then why did you title this thread "I need serious HELP"

Yes, I did bold the 'help' on purpose. You ask for advice, we gave you it, and you don't listen. What's the point then?

I had same qeastion

Page 4 of 6 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next