Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: The unexpected
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:46 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
So while Lucy and Alex were out of their cage playing, something happened that startled them, and they both went flying. Alex ended up flying flying to the computer chair while Lucy flew around the room a few times before finally landing on the playstand again. What startled them, I don't know. This kind of thing happens several times a day, so I'm used to it.

Anyways, I stood still and waited for them to settle down, as my movement tends to startle them more. Lucy flew for much longer than Alex did, so once she landed, I decided to look for Alex. I turned around and found him on the computer chair (easiest Alex search by far), and walked towards him. I heard some more flapping, and stopped. Then, the unexpected happened.

Lucy flew to me.

She landed on my head. Now, keep in mind that the closest she's ever come to flying directly to me before, was landing on the table in front of me. What convinced her to actually fly to my head is unknown, though I guess she thought it was fine after seeing Alex do it plenty of times.

I got her to step up off of my head. She looked pretty startled. I decided to hum her and Alex a tune, and she calmed down in a matter of seconds.

So getting her to fly to me is finally accomplished. :D Now if I can get her to do it on command and land on my arm, that would be great! :lol:

Post subject: Re: The unexpected
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Congratulations! One way to encourage flying to you is to start out very close, dangling a treat so she has to jump on your finger to reach it. Then move back a little so it takes a short flight, and keep moving on from there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:05 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
Oh so pleased for you...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:01 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
Thats great.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:39 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
That's so good. Has it happened again?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:19 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
It happened again today. It seems she's starting to grow more attached. Either that or she gets jealous because Alex does it all the time and she wants to drive me crazy as well. :lol:

Having two birds attached to you at the same time is kind of funny though. When you bring one with you to a place, the other has to follow, or else they'll come looking for you. Then if you're giving one attention, the other has to get attention too or else they'll give you heck for it (at least, that's how Alex is).

Though Lucy is quite independent, it makes me wonder if she's actually starting to bond to me. She's starting to get about as nosey as Alex is when I'm doing things. She's always loved to be involved in things, but she's pretty good about keeping her space compared to Alex. She's also been asking for scritched more often. Gosh, I hope she doesn't start masturbating on my hand, or something. :lol: (though I've heard that's a budgie thing)

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]