It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 2 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Are birds challenging?
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:10 pm 
Budgie
Budgie

Name: Bob
Gave happy chirps: 140 times
Got happy chirps: 52 times
I think cats and dogs are 'easy' since we know a lot about dogs you can sort of 'learn their language'. Cats take pretty much care of themselves imo.
Dogs are hard to tend to if you want to do it right. A daily walk (or two) and enough attention so they don't go and develope some nasty habbit to entertain themselves.
Cats are hard cause they're not so dependent upon you. I mean, if you cal a dog over, he'll be happy to sit with you (if you treated him right) the closer the better, the more attention the merrier. But a cat can sometimes put it's nails into you if it doesn't want to be around you. Granted, there are some exceptions to the rule, but aren't there always?

Birds are easy cause all you have to do is feed them. But they can be hard to keep if you want to do it right. A lone bird needs attention if in normal circumstances it would live in a flock. Then if it sees you as it's mate and goes all hormonal on you you don't recognize your own bird anymore...

My favourite animal is the wolf . I would never keep one as a pet. I like them in the wild.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:09 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
Bjornlefevre wrote:
My favourite animal is the wolf . I would never keep one as a pet. I like them in the wild.

My favorite is definitely a tiel. But I like all parrots. And snakes. And horses. I actually like all animals but mostly the ones I just said.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:44 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
My cat Roger has become more challenging recently. He is a handsome boy with a good temperament. Lately, when he thinks it's time to eat he comes and tries to sit on my computer keyboard, the mouse, and my papers. If that doesn't work, he knocks things off tables. He will knock a pen to the floor and then look at me. If none of this works, he sits and stares at me.

I cannot feed him as much as he wants, because I don't want him to become overweight.

Adele, my female cat, is challenging because she won't let me trim her nails. She is absolutely phobic about it. Sometimes she digs her claws into me when she is kneading on my lap or when she is trying to get down from my lap.

Page 2 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2