Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: How's your flock, Dianne?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:19 pm 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
This is for Dianne's cockatiels. She had some interesting romance going on. I also remember her getting some taming and training done as well. Can I get an update? :)

Post subject: Re: How's your flock, Dianne?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:53 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
Thank you for asking. My flock is delightful!

I have two cages, two cockatiels, and two budgies.

All four are spending more and more time together. I have no problems with them getting along. The cockatiels seem to prefer the double height Vision cage, and the budgies the larger HQ flight cage. But, they like to mix things up, both in terms of what cage they decide to sleep in and who they want to share it with.

Silver and Emma definitely have come to prefer each other to the budgies. I saw Piper and Winter mate once, a couple of weeks ago. Silver and Emma have not mated.

Right now, Emma, Silver, and Winter are in the Vision cage and Piper is alone in the flight cage. That is where they will be for the night. Last night, all four were in the flight cage.

Silver is going through a period where he doesn't really want to come to my finger. But, he does love head scritches.

Emma and I have a good relationship. She likes me to talk to her, just NO TOUCHING! She will come to my hand if she ends up on the floor, but only just to get back to the top of the cage.

The cockatiels are clipped and the budgies are not. This seems to keep things manageable. However, everyone is currently molting, so the cockatiels may be flying around soon. If they start going out to the kitchen again looking for nesting spots, I will have to have at least one of them clipped again. We shall see!

Winter is completely untrained. I just never took the time with her. Also, I don't think she was trained to step up when she was a chick. She doesn't have a clue about some things and sometimes flies into the window in the dining room. She is a pretty little thing, though, and quite the acrobat. She loves to hang upside down.

I have to post some updated pictures soon.

I love having the birds. They really feel like little children to me. I love my cats, but they don't have that child-like quality that the birds do.

Snowy is still living at the house across the street. I can see the cage he has with his friend through the living room window, which is kind of nice. Although in some ways I regret rehoming him, I think Winter produces better chemistry in the flock than Snowy did. Having two males and two females seems nice and mellow.

Post subject: Re: How's your flock, Dianne?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:28 pm 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Name: Dee
Gave happy chirps: 45 times
Got happy chirps: 20 times
Is there a way for you to stop them from going in the kitchen (doors, beaded curtains etc.? I don't know what your home is like of course haha) so that the tiels can remain flighted?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]