Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Aww...my baby
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:42 pm 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
I moved Danny back into the greenroom today after him being in my room ever since I got him. He was too scared the first time, so I brought him back with me after the first go. For the past couple weeks, I had a feeling he was ready for a change, so today I moved him back the Jaid and the budgies. Everything went great! Until tonight. I always walk over to the boys at night to say night night and I said it to Danny too. But now I feel horrible because he's never slept anywhere besides my room with me. He has my other birds, but like I said a while ago, he only cares about me. I feel really bad for him, so I gave him a little treat for him to snack on but all he wanted was to sleep near me. :( I know it's part of him growing up, but it completely sucks. He's still such a baby and he's very bonded to me. Perhaps I coddled him a bit much, but oh well. Hopefully the first night's the hardest and it'll be easier from here.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Aww...my baby
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
If you think it's too much for him, you can always let him stay in the bird room during the day and sleep near you at night for a while. You're still his mama and he'll feel safest close to you until he gets used to being part of the bird room gang.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Name: Dee
Gave happy chirps: 45 times
Got happy chirps: 20 times
He may be a little narked and confused but I'm sure he will learn to entertain himself and interact with your other birds from a distance. If you've been coddling him and he's seeing you as a mate/momma then bound to feel butthurt for a while. I think that tielfans idea is good. Let him have alone time in there during the day but have him sleep with you on an evening for a while as a comfort :) How old is he?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:50 am 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
He's about 5-6 months old. I need to double check. So far I was right. The first night was the hardest and he's doing really good! He still is really attached to me, but I think he's less bored now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:15 am 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Name: Dee
Gave happy chirps: 45 times
Got happy chirps: 20 times
Oh I didn't realise he was just a baby! Bless him :D I'm glad it's going better!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]