All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: My Budgies
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:00 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Gave happy chirps: 15 times
Got happy chirps: 74 times
Piper (M budgie) really likes Silver (M cockatiel). Actually, Piper likes everyone in turn. He makes time for each of the other three birds sometime during the day.

Emma is sitting on infertile eggs. Piper spends some time every day sitting close by her and sometimes singing to her.

Lately, when Silver flies over to sit on my shoulder Piper comes over and perches on my computer monitor. Then, I can get him to step up onto my finger. He will stay there for a while and even chatter and sing to me. He's very cute and has a great personality.

Meanwhile Winter (F budgie) wants to be with Piper. So she will call from on top of the cage. Then, she will fly over and kind of buzz my head without landing. Winter has never stepped up in her life, neither has she ever perched on any part of me. But, maybe it is coming. Because she is all white, I sing the song, "White Bird" to her when I am giving her attention. She seems to know now that that is her song. I do that with each of my birds. They each have a special sound and/or song that I sing only to that one (none of the other birds).

Post subject: Re: My Budgies
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:36 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

This afternoon I had Piper on my finger and Silver on my shoulder. Winter called a bit then flew over, but she basically flew into Piper and knocked him off my finger.

Has anyone else had a bird who did this? I thought, before today, that she wanted to join us, but now I wonder if she's just jealous when Piper is paying attention to me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
She might be jealous! Either she doesn't like it when you pay attention to another bird, or she doesn't like it when Piper pays attention to someone else.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:05 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

She doesn't mind if I pay atttention to Silver, so I guess she is jealous of Piper, not me. birds are so interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:42 pm 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Name: Dee
Gave happy chirps: 45 times
Got happy chirps: 20 times
She does sound jealous! I've had similar issues with my birds, namely the Alexandrines. If one is on me the other likes to butt in and push them away

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]