It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 4 of 11 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: My remaining flock
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:54 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 19 times
Got happy chirps: 49 times
I got text from 501 area code. Not much info. It said
"I have your bird"
then after all my questions, the only info I have got was

"I am back home to Arkansas". "My daughter found it there and gave it to me",,, and "I have it for 6 days"... (the time frame given gives me hope it could have been Cuddles)
When I asked to send me a picture, they said they don't have a camera phone.
Asked where daughter lives. No answer
Then all communication from their side stopped.
Nothing was mentioned about reward. I gave my e-mail in case they agree to send a picture

When I googled phone number, it gave me some people in AR whose ages were 98 yo.....and even 102 yo

I asked to ask daughter who allegedly found the bird to call me. No reply.

I will give them time... I understand that if this people are old, they may not answer me very fast... if answer at all...

Then I will call them.
on another side... who would need to prank me like this and why? People out of their mind?
usually people who don't have any info but want a reward, behave differently.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:44 pm 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

well, the conversation lead to nowhere,
He even called me from Little Rock AR. An older guy.
I asked to describe the bird, he said that the body is white (Cuddles has pretty dark grey body) and head is yellow with orange cheeks. he even mentioned something green...
Her light-colored feathers have yellowish tint that I wonder if some people can think its greenish...
so much frustration...
I m trying to convince that his daughter should call me...
he said several times that he doesn't need a reward. he also said that he keeping the bird. Honestly, I think this is even worse than thinking she died.
Who knows what hands she is in if this is true.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:48 pm 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

and can you imagine somebody driving a bird all the way to Little Rock, AR? 350 miles...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
They are probably lying to you. Some people do things like this to try to get money, and others do it because they enjoy harassing people. He might say now that he doesn't want money, but that might change if you keep on talking to him. People who find a lost animal and decide to keep it for themselves usually just keep quiet about it. They don't normally track down the owner to tell them that they found the animal and won't give it back.

If it's actually true that he has her, then at least she is safe and being fed. But I don't think he has her. Some people are disgusting.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:49 pm 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

you must be right. I am so tired from the situation.
All my birds aren't eating or eating very little when I don't see it. Its like they are on a hunger strike.
All are being beyond my control and acting wild. This is a nightmare

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:25 pm 
Finch
Finch

Name: Janey
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 7 times
they are in mourning, for their friend. when lost Tuffy to death, Rocky quit eating, didn't whistle and didn't want any contact from me. you will have to work to get them to eat, feed them their favorite treats.

the person that texted you is no doubt a scammer.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:37 pm 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

janey'sbird wrote:
they are in mourning, for their friend. when lost Tuffy to death, Rocky quit eating, didn't whistle and didn't want any contact from me.
how long was it this way Janey?

It's interesting that often the birds that are found are not being looked for. During the last days, there are 2 accounts of found birds in my area that nobody knows who they belong to.
A woman found a budgie and said she would keep him as she has another budgie (I know she posted on Craigslist) . And a cockatiel is in the animal shelter with head injury :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:35 pm 
Finch
Finch

Name: Janey
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 7 times
Chipper wrote:
janey'sbird wrote:
they are in mourning, for their friend. when lost Tuffy to death, Rocky quit eating, didn't whistle and didn't want any contact from me.
how long was it this way Janey?

It's interesting that often the birds that are found are not being looked for. During the last days, there are 2 accounts of found birds in my area that nobody knows who they belong to.
A woman found a budgie and said she would keep him as she has another budgie (I know she posted on Craigslist) . And a cockatiel is in the animal shelter with head injury :(

it was a good week or better, I had to hand feed Rocky to get him to eat. he became a Velcro bird for about 3 weeks. Tuffy was his love interest, best friend, bird to play with, fight with and to cuddle with. he would come sit with me in the evenings and feed my ear. you have to give them time to heal just like we need time to heal after a loss.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:11 pm 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

well, things are no any better here.
Trillie is being possessive of Stella, he occasionally would fight Tator Tor (her longtime boyfriend). They all together eat very little. Mostly sleeping

The situation drives me crazy and there is no guarantee it will normalize into anything. For example, some birds finally landed on top of the cage to eat... everybody eating happily, after all. Everybody except Trillie, who is making his bloody plans nearby, like Cruella DeVill. Here he comes - to disturb everybody who is eating (who is not coming to join them eating, he is coming to scare all of them). As a result, everyone flies away from food.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:25 pm 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

I understand all the mourning (its like I don't go thru any mourning at all - sarcasm). but my bird have been very, very annoying (you know how annoying cockatiels can be) . If things don't improve, I will HAVE TO find them another homes, I just simply can't be waiting on them forever (don't get me wrong, I will allow them some time to adjust to the situation. Its almost 2 weeks since Cuddles is missing) . There are times I wanna kill them all.

happy Easter, by the way

Page 4 of 11 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next