Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tjs sons dog
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:42 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
During Thanksgiving the dog was brought over even tho i was against it. Tj wanted to interduce them. But tj wasent controlling zorro n he leaped onto tjs son while he was holding the dog. N tj grabed him off of his son. The dog was sniffing him but was to interested. So we had tp put zorro in his cage. N his son refused to put his dog in the bottom floor of house so i could let zorro out 4 20mins. Said birds dont need to socialize with people n dog kept trying to jump on the cage. I was so upset. Sure its only 1 day but he needed to be out too. N his dog goes on to say dogs r only animals that bond with there owners, bla bla bla.

Post subject: Re: Tjs sons dog
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:04 am 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
I hate when people act like that. And especially when they don't control their animals. They are staying in your house, and are your guests. You should lay down the law and ask for some respect. It's only fair.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:16 am 
Banned
Banned

Name: Brandon
Gave happy chirps: 28 times
Got happy chirps: 32 times
Parrots most certainly do need attention lol look at Cockatoos I know I would find it hard holding it like a baby all day long lol but they are cute but I wouldn't get one if I know I couldn't handle it.He is your guest and if Zorro wants to come out the dog needs to leave the room its your home so your rules.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:19 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
I hate when people ignore the safety risks. Dogs are natural born predators, and parrots are natural born prey. Put the two together, and you have a recipe for disaster.

That's why I'm always cautious when I have Bo (my dog) and Lucy together. Bo's usually afraid of Lucy, and Lucy knows this, but as soon as Lucy's on the floor, it's almost like Bo knows she's helpless like that (she can't get very good height since she's clipped), and wants to go after her. Luckily, he stops as soon as I call his name, but I'm still prepared for if there would be a time where he WON'T stop.

While dogs are more integrated into human society, and can be trained to behave better than parrots can, they still have instincts that you can never train them out of. This especially goes for dogs like mine. Bo is a terrier and terriers were bred specifically for hunting vermin, so his prey drive is pretty high, and he likes to chase smaller animals. I've had him run out the front door because he saw a lizard, while he would stay put otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:41 am 
Previous owner
Previous owner

Name: Melissa
Gave happy chirps: 142 times
Got happy chirps: 69 times
This dog is a shiba inu n dont listen most of the time. I told the dog isant welcome back ever. N if she does. There will be rules. Like she must be on short leash the whole time. Or when i want let zorro out she should be put downstairs...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]