Page 4 of 4 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Newest addition
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:56 am 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Name: Dee
Gave happy chirps: 45 times
Got happy chirps: 20 times
I can't see the photos :( Have you moved them somewhere on photobucket?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:46 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
I did, yes. I moved them to a separate album. Forgot the url changes when you do that. Oops. :oops:

I fixed it now on the original post. So here; went ahead and quoted said post.

JessiMuse wrote:
No real updates on the vivarium, but I got a few pictures of her that I thought I'd share. :D

I found her kind of buried in the philidendron, so I thought I'd take a few pictures from my camera. :)

Also I took this one a few weeks back. For whatever reason she was hanging on the bottom of the feeding cup. :lol:
I find her in the funniest positions sometimes. Makes me wonder how they can possibly be comfortable like that.

Shooting for this weekend with the branch and piece of cork bark. Then hide comes in next weekend and then it will finally be time to reveal the viv. :D
The Pilidendron's starting to grow and be a little more vine-like. I'm gonna see if I can adjust it it to grow around the branch.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:13 am 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Thank you!

It's not as bad as when I was on another forum once and I'd been on there consistently posting photos for 3-4 years at this point. What did I do? Deleted everything off my photobucket because I was running out of space... I didn't know I'd lose them in the threads :yikes:

I love the photos! The middle one where her face is front on is probably my favourite. She's adorable. And that bottom one where she's just hanging on like 'sup? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:51 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
Thought you guys would appreciate a picture of a smiley gecko. :)

She honestly has the goofiest looking face. :lol:

Also a quick update: The wall hide came in few weeks ago, though she doesn't seem to like it. :lol: Additionally, we had eventually figured that the bark on the branch we're about to put in isn't quite as jagged enough to require peeling. So I washed it and stuck it in the freezer to dry the thing out and kill any parasites, and I'll have it put in tomorrow or day after (depending on how long it might take to thaw or something). There will be pictures very soon, finally. :)

I also bought two flavors of pangea, which is one of the top-quality brands for crested gecko food. I got banana apricot and watermelon mango. Haven't tried the watermelon mango but she seems to enjoy the banana apricot stuff more than the food I was originally given her, given that she never willingly licked the stir stick like she did when I was introducing it to her (aside from one time when she was a little too cold, and I gave her some slightly warmed food to warm her up a little).

Her viv has been moved into the family room since my room gets really cold in the winter whereas the family room stays room temperature. That way it won't be too cold for her, and when it gets hot in the summer again, we could probably eventually move the aquarium into the family room and her vivarium back to my room.
Either way it's next to an outlet right now, which means I can finally make use of the day/night light that I had bought quite some time ago.

I cleaned it out before putting the potted plants back in, and found two of the superworms I thought she had ate, as well as a molted shell. They're both still alive and one had turned into a chrysalis. It was a little difficult trying to pick up the chrysalis since as a defence mechanism, they squirm around, which kinda startled me at first. Also didn't want to crush it by accident.
I put it in with the rest of the superworms, where it's going to turn into a beatle. I'm probably gonna give all these worms to a friend of mine with a leopard gecko. She'd probably like them more than Dottie. :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:56 am 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

She is adorable! I love the gecko 'smile' :D

Page 4 of 4 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4