Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Oh she mad
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:41 am 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Name: Dee
Gave happy chirps: 45 times
Got happy chirps: 20 times

The other day we took Boots to the vets. She has been causing me worry on and off for months over all sorts of little thing but she had been okay until recently. She lost weight rapidly and she was having what appeared to be neurological issues. We booked her in and took her a few days ago

Ruled everything out so did the usual checks, put a very strong parasite treatment on as my Frontline and Drontal may not be strong enough any more (Advantage sales tactic?), had her jabs updated and a good thorough look over. She was weighed and they said she wasn't actually under weight. My main cause for concern that she was over weight and had lost the weight, not that she was too skinny. Sudden weight loss is never a good sign. I always assumed she was chipped and I just hadn't re registered it so I asked to do it there and turns out she never had one so I had it done promptly. I need to update all my old ones, something you don't really think about when moving around so much. She's always been an indoor cat and goes out on her harness, never crossed my mind :oops:

Can't find anything wrong at the moment but she's back in 3 weeks to see if she's lost more weight. If she has she is having blood work done. She has to have a steroid injection in her lower back to stop her spasms then too. Overall, she said she was healthy and couldn't believe how pleasant she was. It shocked me because at home she's an a**. She chases you, bites your feet, pretends she wants to be stroked so she can get you :roll: The vet laughed and said she must be a dog

But, regardless of that, the LOOKS she gave us when we were on the way home were something to behold :rofl: That cat was MAD!

Post subject: Re: Oh she mad
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:31 am 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Name: Dee
Gave happy chirps: 45 times
Got happy chirps: 20 times
Just a quick update - Boots is fine :bigsmile100: Went for her second visit and she'd lost a couple of grams but they said it was likely because I hadn't fed her just yet. She's all good though. I've got to keep an eye on her of course but for now her condition hasn't changed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:34 pm 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 19 times
Got happy chirps: 49 times
Gorgeous kitty! glad she is fine!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:43 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times