Page 2 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: my bird shower!
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:19 am 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Name: hannah
Gave happy chirps: 46 times
Got happy chirps: 23 times
Baruch...I didn't know you speak two languages! That's so awesome! What other country are you from? I'm sure your accent is fantastic. I also LOVE english accents Barabra! I wish I could hear your accents guys! I mean, after all, you guys have heard mine....I know, no accent. I wish I had a english accent....although, scottish would be cool too.

Caspian, and Gracie.....(cockatiels)
  Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:28 am 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Barbara
Gave happy chirps: 494 times
Got happy chirps: 115 times
ilovemypetbirds wrote:
Baruch...I didn't know you speak two languages! That's so awesome! What other country are you from? I'm sure your accent is fantastic. I also LOVE english accents Barabra! I wish I could hear your accents guys! I mean, after all, you guys have heard mine....I know, no accent. I wish I had a english accent....although, scottish would be cool too.

Hannah, my voice has a very heavy italian accent... probably there is a little bit of british but mostly it's the italian inflexion that you hear :)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:26 am 
Conure
Conure

Name: Baruch
Gave happy chirps: 213 times
Got happy chirps: 246 times
I know 2 languages and I can understand 3 other ones, and I know a few words but I can't speak it fluently.

My accent isn't a nice one like Barbara's, it's more like a Russian accent. My parents are both born in Russia. So they don't have great accent either. You can kinda guess where I got it from :)

I'll *try* to say a few words in my video. But I'm not promising ;)

Thank you Barbara and Stephanie for the kind words. When I was 13-14 kids used to make fun that my voice is high pitched. Now that my voice is getting deep, those same kids are picking on me. Like, what the heck. If they aren't satisfied with it high or low, then what are they?!

If I somehow make a video of my voice. Don't be surprised if it's high pitched. I do that when I get nervous.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
Quote:
Like, what the heck. If they aren't satisfied with it high or low, then what are they?!

They're just looking for any reason they can find to pick on you. They'll never be satisfied and they can always find something to criticize whether it makes sense or not, so don't worry about their comments. It's not about you, they're just being jerks who can't feel big unless they make someone else feel small. As long as you care and as long as they don't grow up, they'll keep doing it. But if you don't care what they say it will take the fun out of it for them, and they'll have to find someone else to bully.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:52 am 
Parrotlet
Parrotlet

Name: hannah
Gave happy chirps: 46 times
Got happy chirps: 23 times
Haimovfids wrote:
I know 2 languages and I can understand 3 other ones, and I know a few words but I can't speak it fluently.

My accent isn't a nice one like Barbara's, it's more like a Russian accent. My parents are both born in Russia. So they don't have great accent either. You can kinda guess where I got it from :)

I'll *try* to say a few words in my video. But I'm not promising ;)

Thank you Barbara and Stephanie for the kind words. When I was 13-14 kids used to make fun that my voice is high pitched. Now that my voice is getting deep, those same kids are picking on me. Like, what the heck. If they aren't satisfied with it high or low, then what are they?!

If I somehow make a video of my voice. Don't be surprised if it's high pitched. I do that when I get nervous.

I know someone who moved to the US from Russia. He has a very strong accent. I love russian accents! The are sooooo cool! How old were u when u moved Baruch? I don't care if your voice is high pitched! Most kids bully other kids because they have problems with themselves. One of my friends likes to keep her hair short. (Like down to her ears) There are kids at her school that make fun of her and call her gay, just because of her hair! Your voice is what makes you unique. If other people don't like you for you, that's their problem, not yours.

Caspian, and Gracie.....(cockatiels)
  Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:12 am 
Quaker
Quaker

Name: Stephanie
Gave happy chirps: 105 times
Got happy chirps: 265 times
ilovemypetbirds wrote:
If other people don't like you for you, that's their problem, not yours.

Yes. I am very thin and people always called me anorexic in middle school and freshman year. But that's just the way I am. Both my parents and grandparents were thin, so it's genetic. And because I have anxiety, a lot of people called me retarded because I have a nervous twitch where I flex my hand uncontrollably. I can't help that. It just happens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:43 am 
Conure
Conure

Quote:
How old were u when u moved Baruch?

I was born in Miami :D

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:47 am 
Conure
Conure

Quote:
Yes. I am very thin and people always called me anorexic in middle school and freshman year. But that's just the way I am. Both my parents and grandparents were thin, so it's genetic. And because I have anxiety, a lot of people called me retarded because I have a nervous twitch where I flex my hand uncontrollably. I can't help that. It just happens.

This really made me sad. I'm so sorry that kids were hurting your feelings. I would never hurt someone like that, ever! Those kids will pay for it. I wish I was there to stand up for you. I feel like we would be very good friends.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:49 am 
Conure
Conure

Quote:
They're just looking for any reason they can find to pick on you. They'll never be satisfied and they can always find something to criticize whether it makes sense or not, so don't worry about their comments. It's not about you, they're just being jerks who can't feel big unless they make someone else feel small. As long as you care and as long as they don't grow up, they'll keep doing it. But if you don't care what they say it will take the fun out of it for them, and they'll have to find someone else to bully.

Thank you.

It seems like it's very interesting to hear what my voice sounds like. I will try to talk, but very little. Maybe like a hi :)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:56 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
I don't think any of us like our own voices when we hear them on tape. etc.
I have an English accent mixed with a lilt of Welsh, as I've lived here for so long...
I hate the sound of my voice... I till chat lots tho :cheery:
To speak more than 1 language is excellent...
I'm jealous, I don't ,only English. Wish I did...
So don't knock your selves.... high pitched, low pitched voices, who cares, you speak another language that's a plus.

Page 2 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next