Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cute bird thinks he's scary
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:25 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
No, this is not an aggression video, but rather a little indian ringneck parakeet goofing around.

phpBB [video]

This precious little guy is trying to avoid going to bed, by trying to distract his owner with his silly little pop-up scare. His cute little movements as he pops up and goes "Boo" makes it impossible for me to resist giggling over the cuteness. I personally think the nice touch to it is his lightly colored Irises, which make his pupils visible enough to notice his "pinning" (when the pupils shrink, then grow back to normal size), which birds with lightly colored irises do it when they're feeling excited, playful, happy, or angry (Which this isn't the case).

Now last time I tried posting a video of Bowie, I got the 403 "forbidden" error. Here's hoping this one works.
EDIT: Yay, it works! :D

Post subject: Re: Cute bird thinks he's scary
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Name: Carolyn
Gave happy chirps: 201 times
Got happy chirps: 725 times
He's so funny!

Eye pinning isn't noticeable in cockatiels if it happens at all with them, but Dweezil has orange eyes so it's very noticeable on him. It's fun to watch his eyes pin while he sings maniacal love songs to the tiel chicks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:12 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
I've heard that some Lutino cockatiels have lighter eye colors, though I've never seen it before (other than red in whiteface lutinos). Their eyes are so small though, I'd imagine the pinning would still be hard to notice unless if you really look.

Bowie's known on the youtube channel "Peekaboo parrots", where the owner also has some parrotlets, and at one point, a conure, and some budgies. Bowie's known for goofing around, craving attention. If he's in the room, he'll be talking. :lol: Always gives me a laugh.

Indian Ringneck Parakeets always struck me as an interesting species. They seem to like expressing their excitement in movements and dances (Notice how Bowie's movements are a bit exaggerated as he's trying to "scare" his owner lol). An Indian Ringneck Parakeet's dance is as unique to each bird, as a cockatiel's song is unique. They are also the only species other than cockatiels that I've seen do the heartwings (or at least something that looks like heartwings). There are probably some others that also do it, but I've only seen it in IRN parakeets and Cockatiels so far, since it's a common behavior for both of them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:21 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
He's lovely made me smile... ty for sharing

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]