Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: The rescue story of an old tiel
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:42 pm 
Lovebird
Lovebird

Name: Jessi
Gave happy chirps: 83 times
Got happy chirps: 92 times
Usually, I don't watch these rescue story videos, because they make me cry. There's one in particular though, that I like. The story of how a cockatiel that spent it's life having little to no human contact, learns to love the feeling of scritches, and venturing out of his cage.

phpBB [video]

20 years in a cylindrical cage is how the old cockatiel Cyril, spent the majority of his life, as a mere decoration, receiving the basic necessities to stay alive (aka food and water). He never learned how to be curious, or have any kind of fun, but in his new home, he recieves compassion, love, and gains the courage to truly be the bird he wants to be.

The reason why I like this story so much, is because it shows how even the most isolated and untame birds can become loving companions. It also shows the forgiving nature they have. I mean, if I were locked in a tiny cage for the majority of my life, I would be pretty mad at humanity. :lol: In all seriousness though, this is the video that motivated me, when I felt like giving up on Lucy, when trying to bond with her. It showed me that even some of the most untame birds have the potential to be amazingly sweet, when treated right (well, except for cockatiels caught in the wild).

Post subject: Re: The rescue story of an old tiel
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:05 am 
Cockatiel
Cockatiel

Gave happy chirps: 33 times
Got happy chirps: 159 times
Amazing how a little guy can forgive and luv....
Very sad... but a happy ending...

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]